lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Admiral B2 and Alltrax400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neill7082 View Post
FN Device???

It would not allow me to upload an excel file yesterday. I'll do a run later with the batteries charged and try to upload it or send it by email.
Record as a .csv (comma separated values) file, compress it into a .zip file and you can attach the .zip file to a post.

As mentioned, start the data logging file with key off, in neutral and pedal not pushed. The turn key on, select a direction and slowly push pedal until solenoid clicks and hold it there for a second or so. That gives us a good record of the starting voltage of the battery (as measured at the controller's B+ terminal)

While you have your laptop connected, I'd up the Max Motoring Battery Amps to 400A and up both of the Regen sliders a bit.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #12
Neill7082
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just trying to make sure this works. Still the old file. I will do another after work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 12-18-19.zip (2.9 KB, 0 views)
Neill7082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
It had right at 6 miles on the cart when I did this test. Even with brand new Trojans and a full charge, it was only getting 22mph at best earlier in the day. They are 22" tires.

I will make sure to do those steps when I get home JohnnieB and get a good log of it running.

Is there another file to save it to? It wouldn't allow an Excel spreadsheet to upload.
The RPM vs MPH vs tire height don't match up too well. If you are using the numbers stamped on the sidewall for tire height, they can be off in either direction by an inch or more. Use a yardstick and level to get a more accurate height measurement.

---------------
The battery voltage logged is measured between the XCT's B- and B+ terminals and if it varies with the voltage measured between the battery pack's main negative and main positive terminals when the solenoid contacts are closed, there's some excessive resistance somewhere in the amp delivery circuit to the controller.

Note: With pedal up, the solenoid contacts will be open and the voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals will be less than the battery pack's voltage, but when pedal is pressed, closing the contacts, they ought to be exactly the same.

AS explained in my previous post, save as .csv file, zip it and post the .zip file.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Just trying to make sure this works. Still the old file. I will do another after work.
That worked.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:46 PM   #15
Neill7082
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey guys here is the latest run. I followed the steps you asked for. Thanks for taking a look!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 12-18-2019.zip (6.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-18-2019, 07:40 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If your tires are truly 22" tall, your cart reached 24.7 MPH.

This time the motor reached 4687RPM with 46.6V applied and 4.9A of field current. That is 1.1V higher applied voltage and 229RPM faster.

Fully charged, the Trojan batteries ought to have 50.93V about 12 hours after charger shuts off. You had 50.9V the first time the solenoid contacts closed, but it I don't think the batteries had 12 hours of rest before that reading because it instantly dropped to 46.4V on the next line entry when 184A of battery current was being drawn, so the good starting voltage number might have been surface charge.

--------------------
What make/model battery charger are you using?

------------
New batteries only have about 75% of their rated storage capacity until they are broken in (couple dozen charge cycles).

Also cold weather decreases battery performance.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:45 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The pack made about 90% of a full charge. Either the charge was cut short or the batteries have been compromised. On line 35(ish) The throttle is 50% and the motor is drawwing 366 amps. This seems like alot to me unless you are stomping on the pedal or on a steep hill? The batteries continue to drop into 44-43 volt territory which (again) Unless you are stomping the gas from a dead stop up a big hill ~ this is low enough for concern... being a 7v drop in a 8v battery system.
The majority of the 100% throttle ride is at 46 volts (pack voltage) and 80 amp draw. The draw is what we expect from this motor at full throttle but the pack voltage is a little low. The low voltage is responsible for the lower than expected speed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:53 PM   #18
Neill7082
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE.

--------------------

.[/QUOTE]

I am currently using the MODZ Max48 15 AMP EZGO RXV & TXT 48 Battery Charger.

This would be the 6th charge on the batteries. I have been running them awhile and then recharging.

I made the run on flat surfaces. No hills where I live.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:08 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
[QUOTE.

--------------------

I am currently using the MODZ Max48 15 AMP EZGO RXV & TXT 48 Battery Charger.

This would be the 6th charge on the batteries. I have been running them awhile and then recharging.

I made the run on flat surfaces. No hills where I live.[/QUOTE]
Ought to be recharging after each use, or at least after each day the cart was used in. Never let the batteries sit for extended periods of time in a partially discharged state.

Still got quite a few charge cycle to go before the batteries are broken in.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #20
Neill7082
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I always recharge after each use. Seems I didn't realize that the break in cycle makes that big of difference.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO