lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2020, 10:14 PM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Powerwise Charger

I bought a ezgo 36 volt series cart a few weeks ago that needed a charger. I had one ( Powerwise Charger ) that had never been tested because I didn't have an electric cart to test it with.
It works but make a sort of loud humming sound when charging. Is this normal. My fist electric cart even though I have been around a few. I just never paid any attention to a charger when in use.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2020, 11:00 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Powerwise Charger

Loud chargers are usually indicative of aging varnish on the transformer. I'll let you in on a secret.... hose the transformer with a good quality spray clear-coat from every direction. Wait a day before use, then enjoy the lack of "buzzing power plant sound".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:13 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

spray clear-coat ?
Like a spray can that's sold at Home Depot ?
Old 02-13-2020, 11:21 PM   #4
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
spray clear-coat ?
Like a spray can that's sold at Home Depot ?

Yes. Get a clear protective enamel spray can.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:35 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Thanks. Will do. I actually got another charger which I got with a cart I bought a few weeks ago that looks like new. I was told they just bought it and I can actually believe it just looking at it.
Any feedback on this one
Pro-Fit model 1-36018-04
I may get converted from gas to electric as I seem to like how quite these carts are
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charger 36 volt.jpg (102.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-14-2020, 02:34 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That particular Pro-fit is a re-badged DPI, nice score.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:21 AM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Thanks, not quite sure what a re-badged DPI is but it looks like I got a nice charger with the budget cart I got. Controller and motor both bad on PDS cart but I knew it when I bought it.
I will use this better charger on the series cart I bought last year and go from there. Going to get this series cart going for my granddaughter and scrap the 2007 PDS cart the charger came with. Too many things it needed so now I will have a parted out 2007 PDS.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:32 PM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Loud chargers are usually indicative of aging varnish on the transformer. I'll let you in on a secret.... hose the transformer with a good quality spray clear-coat from every direction. Wait a day before use, then enjoy the lack of "buzzing power plant sound".
I assume I just leave the transformer mounted in charger when doing this ? I took it apart today and cleaned it out with air.

Not sure exactly where to spray this thing. I know what a transformer is and where it is located, just not sure where to spray the clear
I just put cover back on it. It is working. A little buzz is ok I would think. It works
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO