lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2020, 10:32 AM   #1
JoshuaDowling
Not Yet Wild

Default Hunting Cart Starting point

So this is in the ezgo, but open to some other models. I prefer the ezgo due to aftermarket availability but maybe there are some better options. Looking to build an electric cart for the sole purpose of getting in to and out of the woods to kill stuff. Really like the 72v terrain platforms but don't know much about tuning and modifying them. Large tires and locking differential on a 2 wheel drive will be imperative. What model would you guys recommend starting with, 36,38,72? Also considered an early bad boy buggy but haven't heard good things about aftermarket support and 4x4 isn't a deal breaker. Have a gas ranger as well. The goal is as capable as possible and quiet, and hopefully not spending more than necessary. Maybe 4-5k.
JoshuaDowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2020, 09:08 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hunting Cart Starting point

Jushua….good plan and have done this for the same reasons. my suggestion is to find a NON-RUNNING 36v ezgo SERIES drive system cart that is good shape. this would be a great starting point. you will end up replacing all of the electronics anyway and end up with a 48v system (at least a 500a setup). lift it with a 4-6" lift, 23" tire combo...put a bed on the back to haul out your prizes (or a rear flip seat that converts to a deck)…..put a nice set of lights for getting into and out of the woods.....and camo the body (did that too, its easy)

Here is the one I built my nephew.

PIC55.jpgPIC56.jpg

PIC54.jpgPIC59.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:52 AM   #3
TexTurbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Joshua,

I second Nuke's suggestion !!

My signature cart (and first cart project) started as he suggested, a non-running 36v series cart. Just check the frame underneath as they are prone to rust.... don't worry about a rusted battery tray..they are easy to fab up from a bed frame, or you can buy a drop in aluminum tray for about $ 100.

Work out your "power" plan with Scottieb at Carts Unlimited and you are good to go !!

Good luck with your build !!
TexTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:08 PM   #4
Hedger
Gone Wild

Sir Nuke, that body looks great. How did you do that?
Hedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:39 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedger View Post
Sir Nuke, that body looks great. How did you do that?
BELIEVE OR NOT.....first I went to wal-mart and bought a number of different "camo" paints. then I went and got a number of different types of plants which have stems and leaves. I used one color as a base color and painted it all that color. Then you use the other colors in combination with the plants, and you use the plants like a reverse stencil. you can find a ton of youtube videos on the process, which is where I got the idea.

PIC12.jpgPIC13.jpgPIC16.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, hunting, offroad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO