lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2020, 08:26 AM   #11
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Great find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe58 View Post
"I won't need to upgrade anything else. (maybe the solenoid and wires) Otherwise I think I would be good to go"

And the addiction begins

Famous last words :)
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2020, 10:40 AM   #12
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
You can find the Service, Parts and owner manuals here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html They are the top three .pdf files.

Looks like those tires are stock height (18" tall) so the top speed is about 18.5MPH if the speed chip is installed. Installing an Alltrax XCT48xxx-PDS controller will up it to about 24MPH with a 36V pack and about 28MPH at 42V.
Of course! Somewhere at some point I'll blame you joe
bwhitsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:32 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhitsonjr View Post
All of it makes 100% sense to me.

My personal needs are a family of 4. Me, my wife, 2 small boys (1 and 7) on a rear seat kit (when I get one). I live in Texas and it's mostly flat land in these parts. I might do a lift kit and tiny bit bigger A/T tires so I concur with your advice. The 400 will fit my needs, won't have to be dialed back and I won't need to upgrade anything else. (maybe the solenoid and wires) Otherwise I think I would be good to go. Thank you for the time and passing on your wisdom for the 20,000 time lol I'm sure it gets repetitive. I'm always happy to be pointed in the direction of other threads to gain more knowledge as well.
Lifting the frame, body and batteries off the axles raises the center of gravity of a narrow track, short wheelbase vehicle your loved ones will be riding in. You can go up to about 20" tall without a lift.

ATV tires tend to be low pressure types (<10PSI max inflation pressure), which take a lot of torque (Amp[s) to turn and reduce the top speed; And in some instances slow the cart down to less than stock speed.

No quite 20K yet, only 16K+.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 12:53 PM   #14
joe58
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Of course! Somewhere at some point I'll blame you joe

joe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:01 PM   #15
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Lifting the frame, body and batteries off the axles raises the center of gravity of a narrow track, short wheelbase vehicle your loved ones will be riding in. You can go up to about 20" tall without a lift.

ATV tires tend to be low pressure types (<10PSI max inflation pressure), which take a lot of torque (Amp[s) to turn and reduce the top speed; And in some instances slow the cart down to less than stock speed.

Well then that pretty much changes my mind! I initially thought about just going with some 10" rims and whatever size tires go on those to get some more inches off the ground. Like I said... not in hill country and mainly roads, with some occasional light off road in the grass or unpaved dirt road. That's about it.

Been searching for the best place to pickup an Alltrax400 and I will be opting for a fan since in my climate it easily gets over 100+ in the summer with a high humidity. Want to keep my investment around for years to come.

Also found this guy.

Alltrax Universal adapter.PNG

Looks to be helpful when buttoning everything back up when I change out my old controller. Speaking of which I can't find anyone that's done this swap like a step by step with connections from old to new or how they mounted.
bwhitsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:17 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I get most of my stuff from Carts Unlimited (Fantastic customer service): https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html

And the rest from site sponsors whenever possible: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO