lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Charging issue on a 48v txt

Can someone explain this to me...I have a 48v txt using a gray powerwise qe Charger and In trying to get it to take a charge the charger seems to be short cycling. It will come one when the voltage falls to about 39.0v and then will charge for about 10 sec up to 55.1V and repeats this over and over. Granted I’m going to need batteries in this thing but why won’t this charge for more than 10 sec at a time? I’ve tried using (2) other known working chargers and I’ve switched out the charging port assembly with (3) other known working ones and the result is the same every time. Is this simply because of the batteries or should I look at something else? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2020, 11:58 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charging issue on a 48v txt

39v is way too low....... that in itself will kill batteries. The charger may be having an issue with how heavy the draw is at this low voltage? IDK is there another charger yo can use to bring the pack up to say 47-48v and then retest the OEM charger...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:13 PM   #3
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: Charging issue on a 48v txt

I’m do but more than likely the batteries are going to be replaced. I was just curious about this because i have never seen it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO