lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2020, 09:51 PM   #1
Jacobmarquez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2009 rxv pedal up braking not working

So my friend is looking at buying a 2009 rxv. I have a 2014 txt that still has the regen braking once you take your foot off the accelerator. Looking up the rxv, shouldn’t it have the same feature where it starts braking once you take your foot off the accelerator. Driving them side by side, my cart slows down way faster while the rxv continues to coast. Does anyone know why the regen braking isn’t working on the rxv? Or any anything to check/try? The seller is an older gentleman, so I doubt it was programmed to turn that feature off.

Any help or information is appreciated! Thanks!
Jacobmarquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2020, 10:40 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 rxv pedal up braking not working

2009 rxv was originally a danaher controller, there is no specific "regen strength" setting with that controller (but some of the speed settings likely vary regen strength). Also, all "normal vehicle braking" is done by motor regen, so if it stops when you press the brake pedal, regen is working.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:17 AM   #3
Jacobmarquez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
2009 rxv was originally a danaher controller, there is no specific "regen strength" setting with that controller (but some of the speed settings likely vary regen strength). Also, all "normal vehicle braking" is done by motor regen, so if it stops when you press the brake pedal, regen is working.
So I’ve seen something called pedal up breaking with the rxv. Online manuals have described that as braking when you release the accelerator. His will just coast way longer then my txt.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:23 AM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A RXV with a Curtis controller this can be adjusted to your liking with a Curtis handheld or a programming station.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:41 AM   #5
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 2010 RXV with Danaher controller. It does not slow when I take my foot off the accel pedal. I need to use the brake pedal to engage the regen braking.

My controller has been adjusted as I get 24-25mph on 20.5" tires, so I don't know if any regen settings were likewise adjusted.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:59 AM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevota Guy View Post
I have a 2010 RXV with Danaher controller. It does not slow when I take my foot off the accel pedal. I need to use the brake pedal to engage the regen braking.

My controller has been adjusted as I get 24-25mph on 20.5" tires, so I don't know if any regen settings were likewise adjusted.
That doesn't seem right to me based on my experience. I have regular access to a Danaher RXV and it definitely doesn't "coast" with pedal up although the regen isn't as strong as my Curtis RXV. This Danaher cart has "freedom/coastal" mode unlocked and 21" tires.

Chevota Guy, If you are going down a hill with pedal up what does the cart do? Hold speed, slow down, speed up?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #7
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
That doesn't seem right to me based on my experience. I have regular access to a Danaher RXV and it definitely doesn't "coast" with pedal up although the regen isn't as strong as my Curtis RXV. This Danaher cart has "freedom/coastal" mode unlocked and 21" tires.

Chevota Guy, If you are going down a hill with pedal up what does the cart do? Hold speed, slow down, speed up?

I don't have any hills in this flat desert area, so I really can't answer the question. I just don't feel any more braking than what I would expect from slowing from friction during pedal up.

It could be just that the regen it is so subtle that I don't notice it.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:05 PM   #8
Jacobmarquez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post

I also live in a flat area, and like I mentioned on my first post, I have a 2014 ezgo txt and when we both let off the golf cart stop significantly quicker than the RXV.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO