lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2020, 09:12 PM   #1
mwebb17
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart stops intermittent

I have a ezgo Ele golf cart I use for hunting. Not sure the year. I have the fwd rev switch by my knee. No tow switch. Lately it will be going along and just stop for no obvious reason. I have replaced the micro switch by the gas pedal and I have also replaced the throttle sensor as well. Battery’s are fully charged. Sometimes just sitting in my shop I will try to move and nothing, go back few min later and it work fine. I can hear the cylenoid close when I push the gas but will not go. The cart has ran flawless for years. I will list the mods in case it makes a diff. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

All mods were done years ago.
Converted from 36 to 48v (stock 36v motor)
Upsized controller and wiring
Upsized contacted to accommodate 48v
Lifted
mwebb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart stops intermittent

What is Make/Model of controller?

When it wont move, what is the voltage between the controller's B- and M- terminals when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #3
mwebb17
Not Yet Wild

I will try to incorporate my wife to push the pedal while I hold the tester. Hopefully my B & M terminals are labeled. Will let you know.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:11 PM   #4
mwebb17
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I unplugged the cart. Fully charged, turn the key, hit the gas, worked fine for about 6 ft. Died. I put a tester between B+ and M. I have 0 voltage when I press the petal. I can hear the cylenoid click, but no go.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:00 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb17 View Post
Ok, I unplugged the cart. Fully charged, turn the key, hit the gas, worked fine for about 6 ft. Died. I put a tester between B+ and M. I have 0 voltage when I press the petal. I can hear the cylenoid click, but no go.
I said measure between B- and M-, that tells us if the battery voltage that is passed to the motor is connected to the controller.

Measuring from M- to B+ tells us how much voltage is applied to motor, but it being 0V only says something is wrong and it could mean the cables, contacts, connections, throttle or controller is bad.

-----------
Has the motor ever been serviced? (Brushes)
Old 07-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #6
mwebb17
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I was incorrect. I connected tester between B- and M.
I get 48v. I press the petal and it goes to 52v. Cart does not move. However.
Tried one more time before I came inside and this time cart started working and voltage would go down the more the petal was depressed. I was not jacked up so could not go full throttle but voltage defiantly went down with more petal
Old 07-02-2020, 05:10 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Is that 48V before solenoid clicks and 52 after it clicks, but doesn't decrease when pedal is pushed further.

If so that narrows it down to the controller or throttle.

What is the make and model of the controller. (The ITS voltages are determined by the controller, so need that info to check ITS)

Does the controller have a status LED? If so is it turning on?
Old 07-02-2020, 05:30 PM   #8
mwebb17
Not Yet Wild

The 48v is before solenoid click. When petal is pushed i hear the solenoid close it goes to 52 even when fully depressed. That is when it is not working. It is a alltrax controller. It does not have status lights. I will go try to Locate the model of the controller.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:56 PM   #9
mwebb17
Not Yet Wild

Alltrax. Controller
Model AXE4855 R8
S/N 132331
Date 9/4/12
500amp
24-48vdc
700A peak
If the controller is bad do you know if they repair damaged units?
Old 07-02-2020, 06:23 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb17 View Post
Alltrax. Controller
Model AXE4855 R8
S/N 132331
Date 9/4/12
500amp
24-48vdc
700A peak
If the controller is bad do you know if they repair damaged units?
The status LED is next to the 4 push on connectors. When the solenoid clicks, it should flash green four times and then go to steady green.

The solenoid is clicking and we get the battery pack voltage through it when it clicks, so we know all the switches that need to close to make solenoid click are working.

Measure the voltage on Pin-1. It should have battery pack voltage (52V) after solenoid clicks.

The ITS throttle is between Pins 2 & 3. The voltage between Pins 2 and 3 should be 10V when pedal is pushed just far enough for solenoid to click and 6V when pedal is on floor.

Attached is a schematic for an AXE in a series drive and an AXE Operators manual.

----------
Alltrax controllers are filled with potting compound to make them waterproof and are not repairable.

If it is bad, replace it with an Alltrax SR48500.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE-NPX in EZGO.jpg (258.0 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc100-003-B_OP-AXE-Operators-Manual.pdf (327.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO