lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2020, 08:33 AM   #1
rulowenough03
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 TXT wiring question

I just purchased a refurbished 2016 TXT and have installed the optional turn signal/brake light. When unplugging the square main harness behind the dash i noticed that the original harness had 2 or 3 wires stubbed off the back of it and not connected to anything. What do these wires do? I would like to add a digital voltmeter and a couple usb ports for charging various devices and it would be great if these wires were left there for the purpose of adding accessories without running new wires. Thanks for any help!
rulowenough03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #2
rulowenough03
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2016 TXT wiring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulowenough03 View Post
I just purchased a refurbished 2016 TXT and have installed the optional turn signal/brake light. When unplugging the square main harness behind the dash i noticed that the original harness had 2 or 3 wires stubbed off the back of it and not connected to anything. What do these wires do? I would like to add a digital voltmeter and a couple usb ports for charging various devices and it would be great if these wires were left there for the purpose of adding accessories without running new wires. Thanks for any help!
After further inspection it seems that the wiring harness in question is associated with the pro-fit led lighting system that was installed at the dealer. does anyone happen to have access to an instruction manual? the part number for the lighting kit is pf11580 and the part number for the manual is pf11537. I have contacted the both the dealer who installed the lights and the manufacturing company directly for info but neither can help me. a google search also brings up nothing useful.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:13 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
After further inspection it seems that the wiring harness in question is associated with the pro-fit led lighting system that was installed at the dealer. does anyone happen to have access to an instruction manual? the part number for the lighting kit is pf11580 and the part number for the manual is pf11537. I have contacted the both the dealer who installed the lights and the manufacturing company directly for info but neither can help me. a google search also brings up nothing useful.
That connector is for the optional turn signal switch to plug into. Without that option plugged in, the jumper plug allows the turn signal/brake light circuits to light up as part of the other lights.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:20 AM   #4
rulowenough03
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
That connector is for the optional turn signal switch to plug into. Without that option plugged in, the jumper plug allows the turn signal/brake light circuits to light up as part of the other lights.
Bob Boyce, the connector with the stubbed off leads coming out of it was originally connected to the harness that now connects to the turn signal harness. It was unplugged and now hangs under the dash.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:44 AM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Bob Boyce, the connector with the stubbed off leads coming out of it was originally connected to the harness that now connects to the turn signal harness. It was unplugged and now hangs under the dash.
Exactly. No longer needed once the turn signal harness is plugged in.
Old 07-15-2020, 02:31 PM   #6
JBeck0421
Not Yet Wild

Are these harnesses and plugs universal? I have a similar setup. I have the lights w/ turn signals, but but no turn signal switch. I would like to add the turn signal switch and brake light. Will any turn signal switch and brake light sensor work? Even if the plugs were not compatible, I could still just cut the plug off and wire directly. Is this correct?
JBeck0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 04:32 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeck0421 View Post
Are these harnesses and plugs universal? I have a similar setup. I have the lights w/ turn signals, but but no turn signal switch. I would like to add the turn signal switch and brake light. Will any turn signal switch and brake light sensor work? Even if the plugs were not compatible, I could still just cut the plug off and wire directly. Is this correct?
No, not universal and not all are compatible with one another without wiring changes, some not possible to directly wire or they have significant differences.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO