lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2020, 01:33 PM   #21
kpauley
Gone Wild

Default Re: MPT 1000 just died on us

I was able to shove J1-2 in for.l now to test. j1-6 has pack voltage regardless of pedal position.

J1-8, no voltage pedal off. Pack voltage when pedal is on.

Based on my previous solenoid testing I posted, this info and the status led code, is this telling me the controller is bad?
kpauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2020, 01:38 PM   #22
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well that is a micro jr plug which uses the same connectors as the square ATX cables used with computer power supplies. Need a removal tool to get it out without damaging it but might be able to use a couple of needles. Here is the plug

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...2JEyi0gg%3D%3D
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #23
kpauley
Gone Wild

It says for J1-8, verify wiring. That wire seems to go to the pedal switch. Is there a possibility there is something wrong with that?

As far as the J1-2 pin, it looks kind of tweaked in there already. Thinking I might just scrape it out and replace the pin itself.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:23 PM   #24
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

J1-8 should have power when pedal is pushed.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:26 PM   #25
kpauley
Gone Wild

Yea, but according to the troubleshooting guide and what Johnnie posted earlier, it should have power when it is not pushed as well. It does not have power when the pedal is not pushed, only when it is pushed....
Old 07-10-2020, 02:29 PM   #26
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

J1-8 is the pedal interlock circuit. Look at page 14 of the pdf he attached.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:21 PM   #27
kpauley
Gone Wild

It is a 48 volt system so I think it starts on a different page but you have me in the right direction, thanks.

Their code system is bad as it can be hard to tell if I'm getting a 2-5 code or a 5-2 (not sure the trick there). One is replace the controller, the other is coil or replace the solenoid.

Since I have a solenoid coming tomorrow that I can just ship back if needed, I may just go through and swap it out. Will allow me to check more wires and such while I'm at it.

I'm not optimistic though since I don't have voltage on J1-8 but it seems that could also happen with a wiring issue.... I'll dig around some more this weekend I guess and see what I can come up with.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:31 PM   #28
kpauley
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Here's the manual for a 1268. Page-7 tells you a Curtis programmer is needed and Pages 15 through 30 are the programming instructions.
I'm guessing it will be cheaper to buy an Alltrax than it will be to buy a Curtis + a programmer. Not sure I know anyone around with a programmer.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:29 PM   #29
kpauley
Gone Wild

Does this make sense or tell anything?

Checking continuity across the main solenoid lugs it has continuity with all the wires hooked up. Disconnect the ground on the battery, no continuity across those main lugs.

Also of course with no wires hooked to the solenoid, no continuity across those lugs. Kind of makes me think the solenoid is good?
Old 07-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #30
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With no wires connected, there should be no continuity between the large terminals, but there should be continuity between the small terminals.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO