lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2020, 10:02 PM   #1
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2008 ezgo rxv no go

ezgo rxv stopped on golf course, does nothing when key is turn
ed, no start up procedure, no solenoid click, and no lights, only gauge moves to full when key is turned. Replaced solenoid and no difference. Help if you can. Thanks
Dave Barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2020, 07:00 AM   #2
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 ezgo rxv no go

this seems to be happening to a lot of RXV owners the last couple of weeks. mine is a 2015 and did it in the middle of the road in my neighborhood but mine was due to corrosion to some wires going to main battery positive terminal causing loose connections.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:14 AM   #3
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have removed and re-tightened the battery cables. the crazy thing is, the lights, turn signals, and horn don't work, along with no solenoid click or motor brake procedure at start up. I even swapped out the ignition switch with another known working cart and no change
Old 07-22-2020, 07:36 AM   #4
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yea my horn and lights didnt work either and battery gauge was giving strange readings. could be solenoid but let the tech guys come along for better info.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:45 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Did you check for pack voltage at the main posts? If there check the blue wire coming off the charger port for pack + voltage. Also check the fuses next to the body in front of the controller
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:41 AM   #6
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Pack voltage 50.1 All fuses good. Pack voltage at solenoid big terminal and small terminal with key on. This cart had been shutting off occasionally and restarting after sitting for a few minutes. we figured the solenoid was getting hot and sticking. I had already gotten a solenoid for it when it quit this time.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:58 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The early rxv solenoid was trash and most were replaced with a better model. Replace it with the newer model at least.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:08 AM   #8
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

the solenoid is a trombetta which i replaced with the same. I am thinking there has to be a wire broken somewhere or maybe something else which can overheat. There is a module on the heat sink which has 3 wires going to it which I dont know what it is. I keep going back to the fact the lights are no longer working either

Last edited by Dave Barton; 07-23-2020 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: Need to add content
Old 07-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #9
Dave Barton
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

does anyone know if the voltage converter on the drivers side goes out, will that cause the cart to not run? I get no power out on the converter.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Barton View Post
the solenoid is a trombetta which i replaced with the same. I am thinking there has to be a wire broken somewhere or maybe something else which can overheat. There is a module on the heat sink which has 3 wires going to it which I dont know what it is. I keep going back to the fact the lights are no longer working either
Resistor control module, it will shut down the cart if it fails. Easy diagnostics for it are in the RXV troubleshooting guide.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO