lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2020, 07:16 PM   #1
Indy Golfer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2016+ RXV Front Clip Fitment Above The Bumper

For those of you with a 2016+ RXV, how does the body (hood?) line up with the top of the bumper? Is there a gap or is it tight?

I'm not happy with mine, not sure if it the bumper or the body is the issue, but it seems like the body is bent compared to the bumper. I have a small gap on the passenger side and it appears to be pushed in and very tight on the driver side.

I haven't taken it apart yet, maybe I can put a shim behind the body to push it out? Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Driverside Light.jpg (201.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front Clip.jpg (187.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Front Clip 1.jpg (201.7 KB, 0 views)
Indy Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2020, 10:08 PM   #2
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016+ RXV Front Clip Fitment Above The Bumper

Should be even. May just be hung up on something.

Easy to pull. Two T45s on the outside of the rockers, four T27s along the top lip of the instrument panel. Then pull The cowl forward to release the two clips that hold the cowl to either end of the instrument panel.
GATORB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:03 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It looks like you got a "course car rebuild"? Those lights are clearly not OEM factory lights, maybe one of the lights is holding it off?

The woes of buying a "course car rebuild", it was bashed like a cheap rent-a-car, because it was exactly that before it was "rebuilt".

Unfortunately the bolts in the dash are not gonna be the cause of that, not that simple. And the bumper bolts "holes" are pretty tight (installing the bumper "after it comes off the semi truck" is pretty tight & not "sloppy" like that). The bumper usually "just slightly" supports the bottom edge of the "body panel", and it's even, not crooked. Unfortunately, I think your cart has something bent. And the relationship between the body & the bumper mounting points doesnt have any "thin gauge metal brackets", so, if its bent, its significant metal that's bent, not a thin sheetmetal bracket to straighten... That sucks...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:01 AM   #4
Indy Golfer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I fear you may be right. Unfortunately, I won't know until I take it apart and see if it's something simple or more involved (if I'll even be able to tell).

I'm not even sure where I would take it if something is bent and it needs to be fixed, guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:20 AM   #5
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Once you get the cowl off, there are two upper mounting nuts aligning the top of the bumper, and one nut to a bottom support bash plate underneath.

If it gives you some hope, mine must have been run full speed into a tree on a course, the lower support plate was bashed in and the bumper was destroyed, and I was still able to get it to line up. The lower plate is replaceable if the frame is straight.

Lower plate is part number 641628 $15
GATORB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:58 AM   #6
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

when i installed headlights on mine the screws in the top of the dash you have to take out easily broke little plastic screw holes on i know one but i think 2 out of the 4 holes. My dad taught me a trick a long time ago when a screw wont tighten so if it happens to you all you have to do is break a tooth pick in half and stick in the hole and screw will tighten right up.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:32 AM   #7
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine is likewise not fitting as well as I'd like. There is a noticeable gap on the passenger side and direct contact on the driver side.

I've had my front body off twice and it always goes back on the same way, although I haven't removed the front bumper yet.

It doesn't look as bad at eye level, but the camera height on this pic clearly shows the misalignment.

(My cart is a 2010 with a 2016 front bumper and rear body, so the 2015 and earlier style bumper likely never showed this issue)

My cart doesn't seem to have the asymmetry as shown in your second pic however.

Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:20 AM   #8
Indy Golfer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Great responses!

Thanks for posting the pics, looks similar to mine from straight on but not looking down. Maybe I have 2 separate issues, guess I won't know for sure until I take it apart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO