lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2020, 06:59 PM   #1
hoeyjolley
Not Yet Wild

Default Testing the ITS?

Does anyone have a good test for the ITS on a 36v EZGO TXT w/ PDS? My controller went out so I replaced it with a Navitas 440. Since then my throttle has been 0% or 100%. I have 11.8v to the white wire on the ITS. I have no variable voltage coming out of the black wire on the ITS. I have replaced the ITS x2 and the solenoid. So I have a new controller, ITS, and solenoid. I have also have noticed that I have voltage at the frame. I also have voltage at the ITS plunger. Could that be causing my problem?
hoeyjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Testing the ITS?

Welcome to BGW. The answer and whole lot more information is listed in the stickies at the top of this section.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=132659
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:15 PM   #3
hoeyjolley
Not Yet Wild

According to all the tests I have run I think I have an ITS problem, but could my cart be "eating" them somehow? Original could have went out when controller went out, but I have put 2 more and they all test bad.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:43 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoeyjolley View Post
According to all the tests I have run I think I have an ITS problem, but could my cart be "eating" them somehow? Original could have went out when controller went out, but I have put 2 more and they all test bad.
The ITS voltages are determined by the make and model of the controller, so the testing is also controller specific.

Unfortunately, the link posted above does not have testing for an ITS sensor connect to a Navitas controller. so failing any of the tests listed in the link doesn't prove an ITS sensor good or bad.

Suggest you contact Navitas and get the correct Throttle checkout procedure.

FWIW: I cannot determine which pin(s) to measure the throttle voltage on, nor what the voltage(s) should be from the Navitas literature I can find on-line.

Also, are you sure the Navitas controller is set for an ITS type throttle???????
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:28 PM   #5
hoeyjolley
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The ITS voltages are determined by the make and model of the controller, so the testing is also controller specific.

Unfortunately, the link posted above does not have testing for an ITS sensor connect to a Navitas controller. so failing any of the tests listed in the link doesn't prove an ITS sensor good or bad.

Suggest you contact Navitas and get the correct Throttle checkout procedure.

FWIW: I cannot determine which pin(s) to measure the throttle voltage on, nor what the voltage(s) should be from the Navitas literature I can find on-line.

Also, are you sure the Navitas controller is set for an ITS type throttle???????
I called Navitas today and they're getting me those specs. They also want me to send them screen shots from the diagnostic app. The tech I talked to was very helpful and I will update thread later. He said he thought it should be 5v to the ITS but wasn't sure.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO