lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2020, 07:51 PM   #1
Westernowner
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help on some problems with an old EZ-GO

Will try to make this short but intelligent. Have old Western Golf and Country cart body an an EZ-GO frame. Did not drive for about six weeks. Plugged old charger that has worked well up till now (old Lesterelectric 36 volt) but no go just hums. Talked to Lester and gave the tech the numbers off it. It's 24 years old. So he suggested charge each battery one by one and see what happens. Did this and we had lift off but no light on battery discharge gauge on dash. Ok so we used it around the rv park and ordered a new 36 volt charger. A couple days ago it was weak and wouldn't move only real slow so tried the new charger for first time and it wouldn't even light up. Keyed the cart and it still moved so batteries have some charge left and battery discharge light is bouncing so??

What can I do next? I know jack do da lee about electric. I can't believe a new charger is bad. It says if less than 18 volts it will not light up but like I said the cart can move.

Thank you

Dave
Westernowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2020, 08:01 PM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Need help on some problems with an old EZ-GO

First thing to do is check the cart charger plug and make sure the cables are hooked up to the main + and main - batteries of the pack. Get a volt reading of the whole pack then plug the charger up and see if it goes up. Pictures of this would also help.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:02 PM   #3
Westernowner
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help on some problems with an old EZ-GO

Rechecked all wires and cables and tightened every thing down real good. Put the new charger on according to the directions and low and behold it started to charge the cart.

Thanks for responding to my query.

Dave
Westernowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO