lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #1
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default L6 Ordered - Wait Begins

Placed deposit for my 72V L6 this morning. 12 week lead time quoted. Keeping the other cart...for now.

I ordered it pretty standard from factory and wanted to ask if anyone had input on some of the add ons I will be wanting to install.

1. Brake Lights - is this stock from factory or will I need a kit install? Any recommendations?
2. Turn signals - I know these don't come installed from factory but is it as easy as buying the turn signal and wiring it into the existing light harness? What kit? Are the harness connections universal meaning the turn signal from my 48v TXT will work on this (or if I order the same)?
3. Horn - does it come with? Same as above - is it a universal fit to the existing harness?
4. Voltage reducer - since the cart comes with lights Ive gotta assume there is reducer already installed. Any one have a pic of theirs? Can I tie other 12v items into it? Or will I need to add my own reducer?

Hoping delivery happens as Bob is in the area. Not sure how long I will be able to tolerate 16 MPH knowing the beast within.

For those curious cart specs ordered - Charcoal Metallic, Black 116" top, Black seats with grey stripe in middle (new for 2021 apparently and not on website yet)
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
Gerpoli
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: L6 Ordered - Wait Begins

I just picked up a S4 yesterday, so I can at least tell you what I saw. Dealer had 1 S4 72v and 2 L6 72v I was looking at. All were 2021's and had led headlights and brake lights. The little I've driven it last night and tonight I've been very impressed with the headlights. All three had premium seats, but not two-tone. Only the S4 had turn signals, dealer was willing to throw them in on the L6's, but wasn't sure about lead time on parts from EZGO. Everything is pre-wired, you just need the kit with the switch and bulbs. Their normal price was $200 installed. I would get the ezgo kit so it is plug and play or just negotiate it in with the dealer. S4 also had upgraded digital charge meter/speedometer. L6's had standard charge meter. Most of it just depends on how it was ordered. All had horns and horn buttons on the dash, with the turn signal kit installed on the S4, the end of the turn signal lever is a second horn switch.

Not sure how far you are willing to drive rather than wait, but the dealer I got mine from in NC had charcoal L6 72v with long black top and black premium seats in stock. I narrowed it down to that and the S4 that I got.
Gerpoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerpoli View Post
I just picked up a S4 yesterday, so I can at least tell you what I saw. Dealer had 1 S4 72v and 2 L6 72v I was looking at. All were 2021's and had led headlights and brake lights. The little I've driven it last night and tonight I've been very impressed with the headlights. All three had premium seats, but not two-tone. Only the S4 had turn signals, dealer was willing to throw them in on the L6's, but wasn't sure about lead time on parts from EZGO. Everything is pre-wired, you just need the kit with the switch and bulbs. Their normal price was $200 installed. I would get the ezgo kit so it is plug and play or just negotiate it in with the dealer. S4 also had upgraded digital charge meter/speedometer. L6's had standard charge meter. Most of it just depends on how it was ordered. All had horns and horn buttons on the dash, with the turn signal kit installed on the S4, the end of the turn signal lever is a second horn switch.

Not sure how far you are willing to drive rather than wait, but the dealer I got mine from in NC had charcoal L6 72v with long black top and black premium seats in stock. I narrowed it down to that and the S4 that I got.
Id be more than willing to drive but don't have the time to make it happen. Sounds like a setup very similar to what I have on order. Im going to leave everything pretty standard and pick and choose what I want to add on. For example, I prefer the side mirrors with the built in LED flashers so I know the signal is still on.

Just 9 more weeks.....
Old 01-05-2021, 12:42 PM   #4
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anyone know if the hubs are an issue on the new 72V L6? Should I go ahead and have those at the ready?

How about battery cables? Do people upgrade those when they are programming for higher speeds?
Old 01-05-2021, 11:43 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post
Does anyone know if the hubs are an issue on the new 72V L6? Should I go ahead and have those at the ready?

How about battery cables? Do people upgrade those when they are programming for higher speeds?
Not usually an issue, as the stock cables are pretty decent on them.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 02:35 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

As far as I have seen with the 72v txt, they use the larger hub/spline, and they look like the best offered, better than "standard txt".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 03:28 PM   #7
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
As far as I have seen with the 72v txt, they use the larger hub/spline, and they look like the best offered, better than "standard txt".
I did a little research and looks like they use a the HUB they use on gas carts and their utility carts. Bigger diameter and more teeth. Sounds like they have engineered the 72V to work PAST their stock settings while their other carts they don't.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO