lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
jtl180
Not Yet Wild

Default Steiner ST 480

one more "whats the difference" question? maybe a Ruredy question...

Today, i looked at a 2007 ST350 with 47 hrs on the motor... it ran really well and has been garage kept. he wants $4500 for it, but it is a bit out of my budget.

tomorrow i am looking at a 2002 or 2003 ST480 for $3800. it is the Steiner edition and has been run around a farm since they bought it. not sure on the hours, but i dont think they are too high.
other than the larger motor and locking differential, what are the big differences in the 350 and the 480. ride quality? suspension?
seems i was reading where the 480's have a better braking system and will run faster.

also, what is the Steiner edition (it is camo, by the way) is that just a special edition or was it a different cart.

i like the idea of the B&S motor, the only thing i did not think i would like is that the bucket seats might make it tougher to carry three people around.
jtl180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Steiner ST 480

The Steiner is the same as the other ST 480's with camo. It has 16 hp and locking diff. One site said hyd rear brakes, the other mechanical cable rear brakes. It has front and rear tow hitch receivers, brushguard, light, gas gage, oil light, skid plates...
The specs for the new ones are on ezgo.com and older articles golfcarcatalog.com
The real difference is the motor and locking diff. No other major differences, It is a 2 seater. Tires and suspension are the same....Google Ezgo st480 steiner...

Last edited by tonyton; 09-17-2009 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: add google
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
jtl180
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the assist

hopefully it will be worth looking at tomorrow.
i was at the ranch yesterday and i am really getting the itch to have something to bump around in... the F250 is just too much for pleasure riding and hunting.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Big truck, big bounce!!
If you don't have any hills, the ST350 would be good. They are a little light on power carrying loads up hills. My workhorse does good until it hits a hill with a load. It has the smaller ST 350 motor in it. 47 hours is still new to me.
You'll know tomorow. Good Luck,
Old 09-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The 2007 is a MUCH better buy @ $4,500 than the others that have 4 or 5 more years of use. I'd do all I could to find the extra $800 bucks. 5 years of wear and tear difference? That could cost another $2,000 in expenses. I see so many people buying on price lately that end up buying something that in the end costs more than a newer / better unit after it is properly repaired.

I wouldn't let the '07 pass you up

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
The 2007 is a MUCH better buy @ $4,500 than the others that have 4 or 5 more years of use. I'd do all I could to find the extra $800 bucks. 5 years of wear and tear difference? That could cost another $2,000 in expenses. I see so many people buying on price lately that end up buying something that in the end costs more than a newer / better unit after it is properly repaired.

I wouldn't let the '07 pass you up
I'm a little more subtle than Mike
Old 09-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
I'm a little more subtle than Mike
A deal is a deal! You snooze - you lose!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
jtl180
Not Yet Wild

well, i drove the st480 today and was shocked at how clean it was. so i made an offer and bought it.
very tight all the way around and very lightly used. way faster than the 350
they bought it new in 2003 or 2004 and have mainly driven it around the farm which is pretty flat and not rough at all.

also, the 2007 st350 actually has 147 hrs, not 47, but that is still not many.
if anyone is looking for one and can get to San Antonio, it was clean and he would probably take a little less than $4500 for it. he lives in a neighborhood and has nowhere to run it. he is on craigslist or send me a PM and i will give you his phone number and email.

as for the one i bought.
they are going to trailer it over to my house tonight. i will post some pics later.
cant wait to show the kids...

thanks again to the BGW team for all the help, Mike especially.

Last edited by jtl180; 09-18-2009 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: more info needed
Old 09-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtl180 View Post
well, i drove the st480 today and was shocked at how clean it was. so i made an offer and bought it.
very tight all the way around and very lightly used. way faster than the 350
they bought it new in 2003 or 2004 and have mainly driven it around the farm which is pretty flat and not rough at all.

also, the 2007 st350 actually has 147 hrs, not 47, but that is still not many.
if anyone is looking for one and can get to San Antonio, it was clean and he would probably take a little less than $4500 for it. he lives in a neighborhood and has nowhere to run it. he is on craigslist or send me a PM and i will give you his phone number and email.

as for the one i bought.
they are going to trailer it over to my house tonight. i will post some pics later.
cant wait to show the kids...

thanks again to the BGW team for all the help, Mike especially.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO