lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default rubbing problem need advise

when i turn hard left my tire rubs tie rod. Its a club cart 95 upgraded to a 2006 48volt. passenger side tire bottom leans inward a little, could that be enough if i corrected it to straight up and down to not make it rub.. this is a hunting buggy with a frame lift in the front end.. not sure what kind of a lift it is.. i have three new tie rods and tires off cart now is it a hassle to change rods and if so change all three or two of them... thanks in advance i be waiting and whats the part called that locks both rearend tires pulls the same... part number if possible thanks
toogood4ubalius79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: rubbing problem need advise

ok i got tie rods on but it still rubs and whats the best way to adjust the tie rods i didnt tight the nuts bc i was hoping i would have some input on how too.. with the cart with wheels on the pass. side tire from ground to front spring is about 7 inches where the other side is about 7 3/4 so could the front spring be bent or have wear on it.. any advise will help!!!!!!!!!!! thanks in advance
Old 02-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #3
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

it is the passenger wheel top rubbing tie rod!! Can someone please give me soon advise!!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I could swear I posted in this thread yesterday Here is the deal toogood4u....
we need some pics of this lift and tires and frontend situation ... you just haven't given us enough specific info for us to know what you are really up against? Pictures would help immensely
Many things factor in:
type and size of lift kit
size of tires
Rim offset
and tire pressure
just to mention a few ........ you do know that the tie rods are adjustable, right?
You can screw them in and out to adjust the wheel attitude.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

thank you scotty picture will come soon i have been running everything the same for two years and it just started is there any way that the front spring could be bent in, is this common and is there anyway to adjust the toe in on this 95 ds cc
Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes spring could be worn out (weak) or bent? The rear tie rod that connects the 2 wheels together can be turned one way or the other to lengthen or shorten it. Loosen the lock nuts on both sides and turn the rod with a vise grip or whatever. This adjusts the toe in. You want a little toe in. Be sure to tighten up the lock nutswhen you are done
Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes spring could be worn out (weak) or bent? The rear tie rod that connects the 2 wheels together can be turned one way or the other to lengthen or shorten it. Loosen the lock nuts on both sides and turn the rod with a vise grip or whatever. This adjusts the toe in. You want a little toe in. Be sure to tighten up the lock nutswhen you are done
I agree and if you want your steering wheel to be straight you may want to unhook that tie rod end from the wheel and do your toe in adjustments.Then when all is done you can adjust that steering joint.Like Scotty said make sure you tighten the jam nuts as this is critical.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #8
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

First off i would like to thanks u guys!!!!!!! I havent made it back to cart but planning on fixing it tonight... i spun pass tire jacked up and it spun freely and so did drivers side but drivers wheel had a little roar to it not loud just not queit like pass side which part due i need to replace from you guys sponsors would it be bearings in hub... and what is the part call that locks both rear end tires to have positive tracking cause a guy that hunts with us has it and he told me it make a big differents thank u guys again (scotty and fixer) !!!!!!!!!!!!and whats the front spring called (front lee spring)
Old 02-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its just a front leaf spring,make sure the rubber bushings are ok and your wheel bearings will roar when they are out of gease and need replacing.As far as that rearend lock up I have only seen them through club car and they might be a little pricey.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the wheel bearings and races are worn to the point of making noise it is easiest to just replace the hub unit list is $37 and the bearing is $10. Or you can pull the old bearing out and take it to a parts house to have them cross reference the # and set you up with a new one? The rear end locker is just that, a posi traction conversion. That might be available through Nivel now that they acquired a few new companies
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car