lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Trade-in Question

Fighting if it was me and I had a chance to get a 2002 48V cart, by trading a 1990 with a little cash I would do it. If you are thinking about trying to convert your 36v to 48v you are going to spend some money in parts, trying to reach 25mph with 23" tires. With a 48v cart you can achieve 25mph with 23" tires simply by changing the motor out for $225. PM me and I will give you the details of what I did to achieve this with my 2003.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #12
ggwearsch
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Maney up dates 36v to 48v have been done on these pages. All the information is here, the cost is also, app. $1200.00 and you still have an old cart.
I purchased a 2002 cart and sold my junk 89 cart. This worked out quite well for me.
My 2 cents worth!
ggwearsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #13
fightingamecox
Not Yet Wild

Well after visiting a local shop yesterday and being told that basically everything that I have read on here is wrong.lol. I have decided to trust yall more than the local shop.
They said it can't be done, so I'm leaning towards doing the conversion almost just to spite all the haters.
I have read countless threads about the conversion and feel that it can be done if I take my time.
ImpalaSS had some helpful pictures that will come in handy. Did he change to a controller setup with 36V or did he go ahead and upgrade to 48V at the same time? Can you change to the pb-6 and controller with 36V and then later add the 48V when I buy new batteries? I don't want to buy parts twice.
Also, the local shop had a used D380 GE motor and GE 480 amp controller(36V-48V) for sale for $650. I'm thinking that is NOT a good deal, but what do yall think?
P.S. I plan on starting the re-build at the 1st of March so I have a little time to gather parts. I plan on taking the body off for paint and to have easier access to the frame and electronics.
Thanks!
fightingamecox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #14
Loosewire
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Typical gamecock fan...always going to do it their way in spite of what others say. J/K!

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you...good luck with the conversion and keep us posted.
Loosewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car