lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Lift for 09 ST

Already bored with it, I already lifted the front 1" and added the shock extensions. The rear is lifted 1.5" with a combo of block and extended shackles. I would like to go another 2" and add 24" tires. Anything in the marketplace yet?

IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Lift for 09 ST

Not sure but check with these guys

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's called a Long Travel lift

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.mikesmotortoys.com/ Awesome site. The wife wants to send you a nastygram for posting it as she thinks I now have another place to spend money I don't have. What do you think about redrilling the front motor mount locating holes and droping the bumper plate a couple inches in addition to making some 2" drop brackets for the front leaf spring hangers? I think This would give the desired lift in the rear while keeping the axle centered in the wheel opening. With the current lift block and extended shackles it's favoring the front of the opening now.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Will it "work" or what do I "think"? Leave the suspension stock until you are ready to do a real upgrade is what I would advise

Does your cart have the 401cc Kawasaki engine? You have to be VERY cautious of the front motor mount when lifting / modifying these carts...

Tell your wife thanks for all the future sales

Old 04-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I told the wife you said thanks, I dare not type her reply. Yes I have the 401 Kawasaki engine. I'm heading back to the site to search for a 2-3" lift.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Just my personal opinion but I think you would be better off in the long run to go in the direction of an aftermarket kit like Mikes.
They have done all of the R&D to assure it is foremost SAFE and also built to last and trouble free.
I know nothing of your fab skills and in no way mean anything negative but that's just too nice a cart to be pieceing together something on top of something that might break and cause injury to you or the little miss.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #8
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Our leveling kit was developed for the OLD STYLE steering carts - i.e. TXT's pre 2001 and ST's pre 2009. The only way to safely get more lift on the newer style is to go with some of the LT selections...

Old 04-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

what about the mid-rise lift from ezgo. I know it comes with new springs that makes the lift. Can he install the springs to keep some ridigity in the cart. Or AM I just thinking out loud? Any thoughts.

A co-worker has the 4" ezgo and jakes 6" on top of each other and has had 31x10.50x15 tires on it. yes it didn't move only haveing 9hp, but he said it looks cool. Yes it was heavly modified for frt steering. He is a tech and his bro is a body man so they made it work. I have been asking for pics and they didn't take any. They both build rockcrawlers on the side.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #10
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

crash12888, I Appreciate any and all advice and no chance of offending me, As for my skills, This was my last project that I still like to brag about http://www.thedieselgarage.com/TOTM/apr07.htm

As for the lift I did not see any offerings from Jakes. I believe carts like mine came from Ezgo with a 4" lift??? Mike, If you can supply a complete lift or pieces for an additional 2" for what I have I would appreciate it. I would like to say PM me with details but, This may be the start of a good thred for others who later may be interested in doing the same as I.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO