lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
sm-outlaw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 48 V batteries and charger question

At the advice of BGW peeps, I'm in the midst of working out a 48v conversion for my medalist. I appreciate your help understanding a few questions that I have.

My questions are:

Battery ?'s
I'm replacing my whole battery pack and am torn between 6 x 8v or 8 x 6v. I searched the threads and it looks like most of you have gone w/ the latter option and utilized the bagwell for the 2 addtl batteries. What are the performance advantages/disadvantages of either option? Longer runtime? greater power? etc?

Charger ?'s
What are the differences between all the different 48v chargers out there? Will a Club Car charger work if i just switch the connector?
Is it correct to assume that higher amp rating is better and equals a faster charge?
Onboard Chargers v external?

thanks,
sm-outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48 V batteries and charger question

Simply put the more lead you have the more run time you will have... six 8v run the carts just fine but, an 8v have less amperage capacity than a 6v battery. They also last about 1 yr less in typical use. You decide what's best for you.

A CC 48v is not a complete charger the circuity for the charger controls is in the OBC on every 48v CC ...... so it will NOT work for your conversion... I like higher amperage chargers just because they knock the chit off the plates when first come on at full power..... they will not be any faster overall. There are some good on-board chargers out there too.
Hope this helped
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
sean6399
Not Yet Wild

i need information on the correct way to install a onboard charger on my 48 volt club car and the wiring diagram.
sean6399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean6399 View Post
i need information on the correct way to install a onboard charger on my 48 volt club car and the wiring diagram.
You are in the Ezgo section. Go to the Club car electric section by clicking on the link I have provided below and choose the 'new thread' option. State the yr and type of cart and same info about the charger... the more info you can give the more likely somebody can give the information you are looking for. Welcome to BGW!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48 volt, batteries, battery, charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO