lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #11
jonequest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Convert 36v to 48v help

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The nonPDS or Series carts are the slow and steady breed of carts. Long on durability and short on speed. They are perfect for the 48v voltage increase. The result is 25-30% more speed and torque from the stock motor.
I have a similar question. I have a 2004 Series TXT and the batteries are on the way out anyway. I am planning to go to 48 volts, so what I was thinking to save money is get a used stock 48volt controller, HD solenoid and maybe let PQ or EMP juice up my motor a bit. Will that be a dependable setup? Also how fast should I be able to go running 48v on my 36v motor? 14 mph x 1.3 =18.2 MPH? I was hoping for more speed than that.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You have champagne taste on a beer budget
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You have champagne taste on a beer budget You are going to need a decent controller to run PQs motor... in my opinion,anyway.... you may want to call them though and ask about your plan?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #14
kward
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have upgraded all the electrics in mine with all the good stuff and a PQ bandit motor and get maybe 20mph tops. Series is not made for speed but they pull hills like a beast.
kward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #15
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonequest View Post
I have a similar question. I have a 2004 Series TXT and the batteries are on the way out anyway. I am planning to go to 48 volts, so what I was thinking to save money is get a used stock 48volt controller, HD solenoid and maybe let PQ or EMP juice up my motor a bit. Will that be a dependable setup? Also how fast should I be able to go running 48v on my 36v motor? 14 mph x 1.3 =18.2 MPH? I was hoping for more speed than that.
i think you might be better off with a larger 48v controller, a h.d. solenoid, beefed up fnr swich and 8 6v batterys with at least 4ga. cables. this and a stock motor will get you about 21 mph. would do the motor last if you need more. you can get away with your 36v charger plus a standard 12v charger till you get tired of it.
scotty can set you up with a complete upgrade. this will save you some of those $.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #16
tommy-g
Not Yet Wild

sorry for old thread boost, curious if you guys converted and what your cost vs expectations evaluated out to?
tommy-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:53 AM   #17
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 2003 PDS 36v and I got a Alltrax XCT500 controller and super solenoid from ScottyB along with heavy cables I had. I am really impressed! The original would hardly climb a hill and this really goes. I have 23" tires and the GPS shows around 20mph. My plan is to go to 42 volts next and then a new motor but I am real happy with the package I got and the service I got from ScottyB. No affiliation, just a happy customer.
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:10 AM   #18
tommy-g
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegarex View Post
I have a 2003 PDS 36v and I got a Alltrax XCT500 controller and super solenoid from ScottyB along with heavy cables I had. I am really impressed! The original would hardly climb a hill and this really goes. I have 23" tires and the GPS shows around 20mph. My plan is to go to 42 volts next and then a new motor but I am real happy with the package I got and the service I got from ScottyB. No affiliation, just a happy customer.
How much was the package and how easy was it to install?

EDIT Found it on his site... kinda pricey lol $759
tommy-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #19
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check ScottyB's site.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html
It's easy to install, just take some time to read directions!
Pretty much plug and play with the exception of a couple of crimp connectors.
I wish I could do it all at once but the controller is needed one way or the other.
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:09 AM   #20
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Be careful not to conflate sepex and series carts. For example, an aftermarket controller alone on a sepex cart can produce noticeable improvement in torque and speed. Not so much on a series cart. Upgrade path is different and more expensive for a series cart generally.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO