lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #21
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Video Demo of a Battery Desulfator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardket View Post
Gale: They will not work on a battery with a bad cell. I.E. SPG off by more than .005. I had a talk with a manufacture on this. Also, it takes around a day per pound of lead to restore.
Thanks. I found more info on their sight and they said having batteries of different voltages due to condition could lead to over charging and to use a 12v desulfutor on each battery instead of the 36v model so I will bring my B&D's from home and play with that. I know it works in some cases from experience.

I want to get the BatteryMINDer model 36271 back on the cart I purchased it for.
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #22
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Video Demo of a Battery Desulfator

Mike I was wrong about the battery desulfation solution I mentioned the welcome thread. Bravo Zulu International Ltd. is the company name and they are from California and not Canada. Batt-Recon is the name of their desulfator solution. Today I called them for more info on their one hour solution at 1-951-928-0595 and Bruce Zeier returned my call. Their system costs $4K+ for the equipment and training on how to properly use it. The price puts it out of the reach of most for hobby use. He did say most of their equipment was use by service companies who service electric tow motors but some golf cart servicing companies did use their equipment.

Bruce has a nice write up about sulfating causes and resulting issues.

http://www.battrecon.com/index.php?o...d=52&Itemid=87

You can read how they found 'equalization' charges to be a waste of energy to reduce/prevent sulfation which ran counter to what I had read. He talks about how one large company was able to save $72,000 annually on electricity cost to recharge their tow motors due to desulfating their batteries.

This factor and longer run times is where I think the BatteryMINDer line of desulfator equipment may pay its way in cart ownership.

Their web site is below.

http://www.battrecon.com

We talked about BatteryMINDer type solutions which is more for prevention to keep up run times and low recharging times.

On my testing project I am moving to the B&D/Vector chargers with the Desulf Mode feature and putting the BatteryMINDer back on the cart. I ordered two more Vector's today so I can desulf a 48 volt system at the same time with four 12v units. This is the technology that I used to restore 50% of the loss from new run time.

Later.
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #23
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Another end with no result.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #24
twp5253
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
Another end with no result.
Patience grasshopper

I installed the 48v PowerPulse on my pack as I think my old charger was not doing a great job of keeping the float high enough. Also, it does not help that my cart often goes months without use. I got a new Delta-q and that charger will run every 30 days, even if the float does not go too low. I plan on using the PowerPulse when I am at the river using the cart. My pack is 2 1/2 years old and one Interstate Battery has lost a cell. My pack consists of two Trojans (T105) and 4 Interstates 2200 and now two Centenials just installed. I know, disimilar batteries....but the Trojans are painfully expensive. But, losing a cell really sucks so I might rethink my policy. There are more than a few manufacturers who believe they have the answer to sulfation....seems like enough smoke to believe there is fire in there somewhere
twp5253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #25
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the response, I thought everyone lost interest in the subject! Is the Power Pulse a conditioner only or a charger/conditioner? I'm interested in something like this to keep three 12 v. batteries from my "toys" (GC start. bat. included) alive while in winter storage in my basement. It seems like the long periods of non-use is the worst enemy of these batteries. I tried a Harbor Freight float charger last year and almost killed them all with it. This year I have my 6 amp (not auto.) charger set to exercise them once a week for an hour or so. I'm thinking that I might be better off with an automatic charger or Power Pulse to minimize sulfation but can't seem to come up with any reviews showing what's "good" or what "works". Any suggestions for me would be appreciated. -----As for your lost cell, is it possible to put a good low resistance connection across that cell so you end up 2 v down, but no added resistance? Just a thought!! - RAY
Old 10-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #26
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Did you really grave dig an eight-month-old thread?

LOL!
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #27
twp5253
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgokid View Post
Did you really grave dig an eight-month-old thread?

LOL!
Its amazing what the search function finds. The PowerPulse is available on Amazon and they sell both a charger maintainer and just the de-sulfater (sp) like I got and that comes in various voltage flavors. I also like the Intermatic D620 Digital timers so you can give your batteries a kick but not let a charger over charge them. I have 4 boats, 5 motorcycles and 3 vehicles so I have got some experience here. For my small motorcycle and jet skis I like the Optimate 3 or 4 and those I leave plugged in all the time....they work great and they can desulfate if the onboard computer thinks they need it. Only with the Optimates do I have about 10 years experience....all the rest I am still trying to find what works. I hope my new Delta-q does the trick for my cart. Yes, I have about 20 batteries so having them live a long life is a good thing.
twp5253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #28
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Wow. I thought I had a lot of "recreational stuff" . Exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Thanks for your input. RAY
Old 10-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #29
wizardket
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have been using the BatteryMINDer on my 12v batteries since back when this thread was fresh and it as recovered a couple marginal batteries back to use. I have a couple that sit most of the year with no use and one that is just extra. I need to put a DS on the cart next.
wizardket is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO