lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #11
Dirk
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Another lifts going on!

Got a few more things done last night. Got the tank off and removed the original clutch. First casualty - Had to cut one of the straps for the tank! Just couldn't get the nut to break loose without the strap twisting into the tank!

So now the issue for the day! The old style clutch seems to fit, provided I am looking at the exploded view correctly. The only issue is the crank shaft doesn't have a groove that fits the size circlip. There is a groove at the end of the shaft but it is much smaller and I'm thinking I could just try to find another clip that fits.

Thoughts???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 21.JPG (116.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg photo 31.JPG (86.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg photo 22.jpg (58.4 KB, 37 views)
Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #12
skarp
Gone Wild

Hmmm....I am wondering if you need the old style sheeve with it as well??? Maybe someone can answer that definetively!!!

If you do, dont worry....got one!!!

Stephen
skarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
Dirk
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Isn't the shaft sticking out from the crank? Thought the fixed sheave was pressed on the shaft thus the possibility of the crank not right for the old style clutch. I am still going to check the OD of the shaft between the belt area and the knurl to see if another clip can fit.

Anyone know if there is a specified distance between the fixed sheave and sliding sheave when not running?

Also, forgot to mention the collar behind the first bearing is to large to fit under the belt. Guess that means a slightly longer belt will be needed?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #14
skarp
Gone Wild

No...the sheeve is one peice...under the sheeve is the end of the crank. When you pull the sheeve off you will only see about 2 inches of the crank sticking out. I am betting the primary sheeve is specific to each clutch style.

Give me a shout this evening when you got a sec....865-765-4396

Stephen
skarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #15
Dirk
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

So it seems the fixed sheave needs to be swapped since the shaft is different. Thanks for the help Stephen! I'll be looking forward to getting the other part. Now I have to get a puller and after talking to Stephen it sounds like I should order some oil pump seals since we will be right there anyway.

Anyone have a suggestion on pullers? Reading some other post it sounds like there are some not so good ones out there!

Started on the front while we are waiting for the rest of the clutch. Here are a couple pics of the progress!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 11 (2).JPG (157.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (138.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #16
Dirk
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Alright! This newbie needs some help!!!

Got the front A frames off and have the new ones fitted but it seems like there is a lot of room between the frame and the large bushing. Each new A frame had two large washers zip tied to them and I assume they are used for spacing.

Two would be hard to push in but I am thinking they need to be there, Yes? The stock ones where very snug and I would think this pivot point needs to be tight to the frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 221.jpg (36.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 08-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #17
Dirk
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Bump... Where are all the Jake lifted G1 folks at???
Old 08-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #18
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

FRONT

REAR

You can see I had to PERSUADE it a bit.....LOL.
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #19
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

That looks right to me. Nice lift

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #20
Dirk
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Kcnaz!!

I also got confirmation from Stephen and Jake's directly!!! Guess I just wanted to make sure before I messed something up!! Got the rear on tonight in addition to the A frames!

Take a look at the lower bushing for the spindle. Thinking I should go ahead and get new lower bushings!!

Also, did anyone else have a small gap on the rear bracket to the frame? I know these things never really mount right up but just want to make sure I am getting the same results.

Thanks again to everyone for helping!!! Hope you guys don't get sick of me asking stupid questions!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8.JPG (132.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg P7.JPG (126.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg P16.JPG (86.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg P12.JPG (122.5 KB, 26 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha