lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Good golf cart shop in Houston?

Well my cart is not running after my entire rebuild. Everybody here on the forums is stumped and is out of ideas. Anybody know of a good shop to take my cart to that could get it running? If not it will be up for sale. Thanks for any suggestions.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
dvmartin
Getting Wild

Default Re: Good golf cart shop in Houston?

Not sure if this is a convenient location for you, but I have had good service from Conroe Golf Cars. On I45 in Conroe.
dvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks buddy. Will give them a call.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Unfortunately most golf cart repair shops will only work on stock carts without mods.
Unless you can find a custom builder who is willing to assume the project on a cost plus basis, you are SOL if you can't do it yourself.
If you do find someone willing to take over, it's going to be expensive.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I Love how you assume we are all stumped... Last I checked we were still running diagnostics and trying to get you to calm down and take readings.... Take it to a shop if you want to, but please, don't act like your impatience is the same thing as us being stumped.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
ekgguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Colt... I understand your impatience to get things running, but the guys on here are some of the most knowledgeable in the business. If they havent come up with the answer yet, it is just because the right questions havent been asked or the right informaiton has not been presented. Finding a problem with an electric cart is one of the hardest things to do because it can be the simplist of things.

And, just for grins I called a friend that works for Golf Cars of Houston and he just laughed at me when I said that I wanted to bring a custom cart in. He said IF he was to even think about looking at it, it would be a minimum of $250 for the initial look, no promises, and then $75/hr to repair anything, plus parts.

So..... stand back, take a few breaths and let the guys here do their thing. It will all work out in the end.
ekgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #7
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Rabbit Scotty said he was stumped. Lol look in the thread. Controller is bad. It is getting warranted through alltrax. That's the first step. And I have a buddy who works for gulf coast golf carts. He is gonna help me out. He is right down the road. No money involved unless it needs parts.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Rabbit Scotty said he was stumped. Lol look in the thread. Controller is bad. It is getting warranted through alltrax. That's the first step. And I have a buddy who works for gulf coast golf carts. He is gonna help me out. He is right down the road. No money involved unless it needs parts.
did they tell you they were going to issue warranty or are you assuming that? I know that on every controller I have ever sent to them, they told me it would be inspected for POSSIBLE warranty, but that is not guarenteed.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
did they tell you they were going to issue warranty or are you assuming that? I know that on every controller I have ever sent to them, they told me it would be inspected for POSSIBLE warranty, but that is not guarenteed.
I agree, unless they are feeling benevolent this won't be free and will likely be charging for a new controller. Controllers are all checked for function before they leave Alltrax and to my understanding, miswiring is not a warranty claim.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #10
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Idk guys. Why are you harping on me so hard? They said they would get me taken care of, so we will have to wait and see what the outcome is. There isn't any wrong wiring. Everything was exactly from the diagram I was sent with my controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO