lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
guppy
Not Yet Wild

Default Noob Questions

Where do I go to learn about electric EZGO carts. Why do some have a frontends with a fake grill and headlights where others are just sleek. What is the advantage of 48v over 36v? what amp controller comes stock with them, why would I need a higher amp controller? What are the different model and how can I tell, pds, txt, series,etc? what years did they change up? What is the best model year to have?

I want something cool, jacked up to drive on the beach.
guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default Re: Noob Questions

Quote:
Where do I go to learn about electric EZGO carts.
Look through the stickies at the top of the page.
Quote:
Why do some have a frontends with a fake grill and headlights where others are just sleek.
It is personal preference of the previous owner, what they installed.
Quote:
What is the advantage of 48v over 36v? what amp controller comes stock with them, why would I need a higher amp controller?
48 volts and higher amps=more performance. If you want an upgrade talk to scotty b, or go to cartsunlimited.net
Quote:
What are the different model and how can I tell, pds, txt, series,etc? what years did they change up? What is the best model year to have?
Marathons are the oldest, with a square metal body. In 1994 the Medalist was introduced, mechanicaly identical to the 1996-current TXT. The medalist has a metal body and the TXT has a plastic body. The RXV was introduced in 2008. The TXT is your best bet, you can get ex fleet 2008's right now around $1500. The RXV has to many problems and the older ones are 16+ year old cars.
Quote:
I want something cool, jacked up to drive on the beach.
If you want to lift your car, you either need to get a series car or upgrade the controller if it is a PDS. big tyres will smoke the stock controller on a PDS. PDS have the F/R on the dash, series cars have the F/R by your knees. I hope this helps
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Noob Questions

Headlights are an option. This is where you go to learn. There are plenty of Threads to answer all of your questions. What you are looking to do wod benefit from a series cart IMO. PDS will have a fwd/rev rocker on the dash and a toggle switch on the controller cover. DCS will have a fwd/rev handle down by your knee and a toggle switch onthe controller cover. Series will have handle by knee but no toggle switch on the controller cover. From my understanding PDS AND DCS come with a stock 250a Curtis controller. A PDS cart will benefit speed wise from a cable and controller upgrade. Where as a series cart you need a controller, cables and motor to get speed.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO