lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
diablo846
Not Yet Wild

Default lighting

Hello Guys, I just picked up a 2001 txt 4stroke golf cart, The wife would like me to put on little driving lights for the odd time that she will drive it at night at the lake......The question i have for all of you is that, I have very small 55watt driving light that i can install for her. I was just wondering if you guys think that it will too much of a draw on that generator? i am guessing maybe 10 minutes a night they will be on.
diablo846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
Phillip
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: lighting

I have two 55w driving lights on mine and they have been on my cart for over a year.
They don't effect my charging system and work just fine. Bought the pair at walmart for $29.00
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
diablo846
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much Phillip that is all i needed to know i didn't want to overload anything
Old 09-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo846 View Post
Hello Guys, I just picked up a 2001 txt 4stroke golf cart, The wife would like me to put on little driving lights for the odd time that she will drive it at night at the lake......The question i have for all of you is that, I have very small 55watt driving light that i can install for her. I was just wondering if you guys think that it will too much of a draw on that generator? i am guessing maybe 10 minutes a night they will be on.
You might check out this thread:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...ed-lights.html

These guys are discussing LED lights which are low amp draw, which is what you are concerned about. I have the lights listed on this page:

http://golf-carts.buggiesunlimited.com/buggies/Lights

I haven't had any problems of excessive amp draw or pulling the battery down.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
diablo846
Not Yet Wild

That is a great link Texas, which ones did you purchase? the lightbar for the txt looks interesting
Old 09-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #6
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo846 View Post
That is a great link Texas, which ones did you purchase? the light bar for the txt looks interesting
No light bar, I bought this kit at the bottom of the page. I don't think you will have a problem drawing down your battery unless you leave the lights on
while that cart is not running. Just like a car, you can do things that can drain a battery. The kit I bought has LED tail lights.

See what I did with the tail lights .

Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumb.php.jpg (5.1 KB, 48 views)
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
diablo846
Not Yet Wild

Yes I like that texas.... that is really cool, my wife really wants that now lmao u had to show her hahahahah..... hope you dont mind if i pm u?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO