lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
matt williams
Not Yet Wild

Default my g9 now smokes alot

OK all you G9ers I found myself having the same problem with my g9 I just lifted it today 4"and a oil change 1qt Royal purple and it smokes like crazy now no oil in the air box I did see some in the case vent tube I just got it back from the shop (Plowmans carts) a week ago for a head gasket I hope it don't need rings now do just wait for the oil to drain out ? all tip and trix are greatly appreciate
matt williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: my g9 now smokes alot

Try the nicotine patches. (sorry)

A little more info would help. Does it smoke ALL the time? Or mostly just on start up? Does it matter if you are going up hill, down hill or on the level? Did you "over-fill" it? Look at your plug and check its condition? Is it gunked up more than it was? Is it a new(er) plug?
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
matt williams
Not Yet Wild

It smokes all the time I did put a qt of oil but it did not show over full and new plug looks gunked up now still starts and runs fine and has good power
Old 11-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

I hate to suggest it cause I love synthetics but you may need to go back to higher viscosity conventional motor oil. The synthetics are typically thinner lower viscosity, highly uniform and are really designed for newer, precision machined engines with much tighter clearances. You have a 20 year+ golf cart motor (don't get mad, I have a G9) that uses a splasher instead of an oil pump, not high tech.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #5
matt williams
Not Yet Wild

I drained the synthetic and put a half qt of conventional motor oil not smoking as bad but how long befor it stops smoking i cant drive yet not 100% done with lift
Old 11-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Use all of ONE quart! and don't worry about the smoking until you get it back on the ground and running for a while.......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

did the same, overhauled it used conventional oil, then changed the breaking oil out to full syn, 4days later it was low, put conventional back in and it smoked bad really bad, it took another set of rings to make it stop,
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
matt williams
Not Yet Wild

So no chance of an easy fix. Any one know where you can find cheap ring kits. Its still smoking
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha