lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2011, 04:44 AM   #1
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Gas Tank Option

Here is a question about one of the sticky's above. I have 2 G1's and on one of them (since the sticky is about fuel pumps) can I remove the fuel pump on a G1 and run a striaght gas line upwards so that I can mount a on top the body fuel tank? Will the G1 engine run on gravity and also will the carb hold back the gas when not running? Thanks Calvin.
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas Tank Option

G1 carbs/engines will run on a gravity-fed fuel supply-BUT- there are some problems with the setup you are proposing. Starting with a full fuel tank, if you can get a siphon started in the fuel line, the setup should work. As the fuel level drops in the tank, it will be progressively harder to sustain the siphon. At some point the fuel level will get low enough, you will hit a bump or go around a corner and lose the siphon action. The carb will run out of gas, and you will be stuck "out of gas", though there will likely be a lot of gas left in the tank. At least that is how I predict it would happen. It would be an interesting experiment to see how well this setup would really work.

EDIT: Just reread your post. Are you saying you want to setup a different, external gastank mounted behind the seats? Since the body flips up to access the engine, this may create some problems with mounting the tank and running the fuel line to the carb, but it should work OK.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #3
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas Tank Option

Hi GMB74 no I was just thinking about trying it sometime I have a small beer keg and was thinking about mounting it on the front just a idea it probably would work with the fuel pump and may look kinda nice but thanks for your comment buddy appreciate it.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha