lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
dcarfields
Not Yet Wild

Default need help again g1

ok expert g1's i replaced clutch side seal .i can't get it to seal .do I keep tightening the bolt to clutch? will it break help me out pls
dcarfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: need help again g1

What cant you get to seal???
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
Field6565
Gone Wild

You cant get the seal in? Put some oil on it and tap it in with a small piece of wood.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
dcarfields
Not Yet Wild

the seal goes in flush but when i put the rest together and turn the engine over the seal pops back out there a 1/4 inch gap between the seal and the clutch.the compression pops it out and oil and air excape.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
Field6565
Gone Wild

Ok... So you put the new seal in.. Put the inner part of the oil pump plate on? Then the outer oil pump plate on? It should bolt into place and the seal should not move at all. It doesnt matter if there is a gap in between the seal and the clutch. The oil pump plates hold the seal in the casing. Is there a lot of play in your crank bearings? Im confused about what is going on here.

Last edited by Field6565; 01-07-2012 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: info
Old 01-08-2012, 01:38 AM   #6
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Got any pictures? if it's installed right, you can't see the seal behind the clutch,because the inner oil pump housing holds it in. if the crankshaft bearings are worn out, it won't hold anyway. does this cart have an oil injection pump on it ?
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

That seal should stay in place all by itself. Either it's not in all the way or the crank bearings are bad enough that the crank is putting pressure on the seal. My engine would run, even though the crank bearings were shot, so it's a real possibility that could be the problem. You should not have to rely on the oil pump housing to hold the seal in. Lots of guys take that oil pump off anyway.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
dcarfields
Not Yet Wild

the oil pump is off and the bearing look good?
Old 01-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarfields View Post
the oil pump is off and the bearing look good?
Move the crank by hand from side to side and see if there is any slop in it. The bearing may look good but that will be the true test. Now my 84 has a slight bit of play in it and I have seen a few other G1s with a slight bit of play in it but if it is pushing the seal out then it would have a huge amount of slop in it and should be very noticable.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
dcarfields
Not Yet Wild

very little play almost none.i hate putting together and taking it apart but what can i do ? i'm going to try a little liquid gasket on the outside of the seal and try pushing it further in place, maybe it just not suppose to be flush but in a little further any other ideas would be welcome
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha