lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Default G1 froze up

I got my 81 g1 running after rebuilt carb,new batt, fuel lines,and ran it, it got loud and froze up, i mixed the gas up, and did not use the oil tank, i think the mix wasnt right, how much oil to 1 full tank. Ounces ?its time for a rebuild, im dumping the old gas,everything new, thanks.
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 froze up

People run 50:1 for harder use and less for normal use maybe 80:1. 50:1 is common for outboards and some blowers/weedeaters. Factory injection runs 100:1 but it dumps in more under load, which is not that often in golf use, so it saves a lot of oil and smoke. Most 2 stroke oil tells on the can how many ounces to gallons, 20:1 is qt to 5gal so 40:1 is pint to 5gal (1/2 pint to 5gal is 80:1), one pint to 6 gallons is 50:1, pint = 16 ounces, qt = 32 ounces. Or there are mix charts on the net.

These things are so old it may not be from your mix if you had even 80:1 unless you ran it really hard. I've seen pistons break in them its just due to excessive hours, hardly any other 2-stroke on the planet lasts 30 years....but shows you how durable they are. At least they are cheap to fix keep us up to date on the project. Also they run the best with a new jug/piston (or bored and oversize piston), if you had a worn one it will run better with a tight piston have no doubt. They are the fastest stock engine cart I ever found, excepting the new 357 yamaha I've not run one of those....and G1 is still faster stock because it can get the rpm on those little stock tires.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha