lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
costefishnt
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2001 G16...Late start, slow build!

Thanks to his heiness ESSNESS and looking through his work horse build I felt inspired to start back up on my cart. A little history on the cart.

Was on a golf coarse for the first4 or 5 years down in south Fl
A relative bought it at an auction and used it on his nursery pulling carts around with plants and other crap. It died on him in 09 and he let it sit in a barn. I was talking with him over Christmas and told him I was looking for a project cart so I could teach my son some basic mechanics. He had the deal of the century for me and this is what I picked up in late 2010. (after a cleaning and paint job on the mis-matched wheels)

I rebuilt the carburator and found the float full of fuel, as well the fuel looked pretty bad so drained the tank and killed a butt load of fire ants. (gas + Flame+ ants= cool show) changed the plugs and oil and she ran a whopping 13MPH...Not a speed I can live with so I found this site and the govenor trick (sans removal) after squeezing this thing as tightly as I could I was getting 21mph. Now my boy and I are stoked. I live in a small town in central florida (Directly across the river from the Space Center). Not a lot of golf carts play in the woods and terrorize the roads, but my son and darn sure try.

In march/ april 2011 my son and I striped her down do a rolling frame. Did some clean up and some wiring so we could have lights front and rear. I also painted the frame and engine parts with rattle cans. we then started sanding the body down for paint. We didnt really do any body work which would have been the smart thing to cover up some of the gouges, and a crack in the aft starboard fender. But I sent her to my boat builder and we commenced to making it match my other two toys and this is what we ended up with.

I must also add that that 25Hp merc on the back of the boat has been swapped for a 40Hp merc. I like fast, and like henry ford said, "you can have any color you want as long as it is black"

Now, as for plans, first the gov will be drilled out and I will make a quest for the big 30. next will be a front clip with the lights already installed. Then I am having a metal guy make some cool accessories, nerf bars, roll bars, bull bar and new rear bumper. The top will be much like a T- Top on an off shore fishing rig. It will also have rocket launcher (rod holders) integrated. If you are wondering, fishing is my passion and I work a lot of tournaments and boat shows, hence the advertisements on the cart. Then the lift kit and the proper wheels and tires to let the boy and I play in the woods a little more easily.

That all said and done, as I do more work (will more than likely be slow) I will keep this thread updated. Money is not something I have a lot of, so cheap and easy fixes and customizations are what I am looking for from the masses here. Advice will be humbly taken and I hope to get plenty. Once again this is due mostly in part of ESSNESS.

Oh, and all my die hard merc fans on the water and at the shows give me tons of crap for owning a yammie. If only Mercury made carts...I love my yammie!
costefishnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: 2001 G16...Late start, slow build!

Oh my! Costefishnt, I didnt realize that I would get a new title out of a couple PM's.

I appreciate the kudos but as you may or may not know, my heart belongs to Yamaha's. So I'll be watching.......

Thanks for starting the thread
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 2001 G16...Late start, slow build!

Ess......"Heiness".......I'm speachless, but let me think about it for awhile Nice post and good luck with the future upgrades
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha