lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
rhall376
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 2 slow

Im new to the golf cart world so take it easy on me. Great site by the way. Anyway I picked up a 1988 Yammi G2 for putting aroung on the campground. I`m sure after browsing this site i will want to do more. Here is my problem. The cart starts and runs fine. when i first step on the gas the cart take off pretty good for a few seconds then slows right down and wont go very fast. It doesnt stall and runs fine, but still seems slow/sluggish to me. I havent had the cart very long and do plan on giving it a good basic tune up to see if that helps. I did inspect the air box...the filter needs replacing and the air box cover gasket is missing.Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (137.3 KB, 3 views)
rhall376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 2 slow

G2's have a rev limiter that will kick in when the engine reaches a certain rpm. It acts like the engine kicks off for a minute and then kicks back in. Is this what you are experiencing. You can bypass or adjust the governor to obtain more speed. There is numerous threads here explaining in detail how to this. Might also check the clutches to make sure they are operating properly. Front clutch should push the belt all way up to edges of clutch while the rear pulls the belt all the way down to the shaft. If you pull the seat and run the cart, make sure it is between F and R, jack the cart up, and use jack stands. BE SAFE!!!

And welcome to the forum. Nice cart!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
jims72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 2 slow

You may want to seal up that air box.It will effect the amount of fuel delivered from the pump if there is a leak there.Or do as i did and just put a cheap electric one in and say forget it to all that vacuum regulated crap.I also installed a open element filter for a quad and both items helped my g2 quite a bit.I also unhooked the governor.I have gps checked my speeds and had the cart up to 33 mph before.
jims72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha