lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #21
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: LSV laws

If I get mine approved by the DMV in FL, and obtain a VIN. Will the VIN then be good for any state as long as my cart meets the requirements of LSV for that state?
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #22
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got my registration in Ohio on 2 of my CCs and was wondering the same thing if I brought them here to Florida. I have a another question to those that have already registered theirs here in Florida. Does your title say it is a LSV? Mine does not. Just a standard car title and they used the serial # on the cart as the VIN. Neither the title nor the plate registration has any LSV restrictions on it. By the way, I had to take all formation to the Sheriffs Office as I was the first Golf cart to be registered in my county. They knew nothing about it. I was originally told all I needed was a SMV sign and or flashing lights to drive on roads 35MPH or under. Then another Deputy stopped me and said I had to get it registered.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #23
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

Florida has very little reciprocity for things. They seem to hate it when some place else shows any competence. They aren't happy until its screwed up beyond recognition. For most government positions there must be some test that you seem to need to fail in order to be qualified.

Golf carts don't get titled as LSVs. You need to have a vehicle designed and manufactured as an LSV for that. They require a certificate of manufacture. To get a golf cart street legal, you register it as an ASPT or "assembled from parts". Then it is regulated as an LSV, under the laws I posted above.

FL law has a list of what is needed. The LSV has it from the factory, hence the COM. To convert you'll need receipts for the purchase of EVERY part on the list. One way around this is to have the original bill of sale list these items on it. If you are bringing in a cart you own that already has all the parts in place, but added by you, you may be out of luck. You could always sell it to your wife, and buy it back with the proper itemization I suppose.

I'm in Martin County FL. Since we have no compliance office I had to go to Palm Beach to get it done.
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #24
Bigboy1
Not Yet Wild

Tryed to get an ansewer again today at another sherifs office,same old thing what's an LSV but you can't drive it on the street. NO CARTS they say. Tired of going in circles. Guess I will have to wait to buy one. IT's OK TO HAVE A MOPED THOUGH !!!!
Bigboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #25
lococummins
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboy1 View Post
Tryed to get an ansewer again today at another sherifs office,same old thing what's an LSV but you can't drive it on the street. NO CARTS they say. Tired of going in circles. Guess I will have to wait to buy one. IT's OK TO HAVE A MOPED THOUGH !!!!
They jacked with me about my golf cart years ago in the city I live in. The Chief had issue with them but, not the officers. I got a ticket one evening for non registered blah blah...So I fought the ticket, and found that the law was fairly muddy and was able to get the fine reduced to 5 dollars. I then went out and bought a Jeep to putt around the neighbor hood in. They (CPD) preferred the golf cart

lococummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 AM   #26
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

What a pain. Glad I'm here in Texas. State law allows for golf carts to be driven on 35MPH and less roads with (head & tail lights, reflectors, parking brake, mirror, LSV sign & insurance) and as long as the county or city has no restrictions. In fact, TX will not allow registration of golf carts for now because they do not have VIN numbers.

I talked to my city manager and she said there was no problem. Cool thing is I live in a city were all the speeds are below 35MPH except the highway out of town.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #27
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

My personality type would have me ensuring the cart was completely lega and drive it around until I got the ticket. I'd show up in court with a copy of my title, reg, ins and a printout of the law. I would point out that the easy way for the law enforcement officer to identify it as a legal vehicle is to simply look at the tag the the State not so convieniently provided (call it in if they feel the need). I'd hand the print of the law to the judge and ask him politely why the sheriff found the need to waste the county's court time.
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #28
Bigboy1
Not Yet Wild

I have been talking to the sherrifs office again,maybe this time I may have someone that is trying to get me an ansewer,at lease he's trying. It's always left up to the county to make the decision.That's what I'm waiting on now.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #29
Bigboy1
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: LSV laws

Got an ansewer from the sheriffs dept. today they can be driven in flagler county palm Coast Fl.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #30
lococummins
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboy1 View Post
Got an ansewer from the sheriffs dept. today they can be driven in flagler county palm Coast Fl.
Well, there you go!

JB
lococummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car