lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Redden77
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha 48 volt won't finish charging

I have a 2006 Yamaha 48 volt golf cart with a MAC upgraded charger ( black breaker on the front) the batteries are Trojans six 8 volt all are C12 dated. Up until a few weeks ago the charger would always work as normal, finish with green fully charge light. Now it won't finish the charge sequence, after a couple hours it stops charging with the abnormal cycle light flashing and the LED battery status light on ( incomplete red). I found a manual for the charger and the only thing it tells you about the abnormal cycle and battery status light is that it means it is in a over-current state, but it does not tell you how to proceed. I have measured the voltage after running the cart a bit and every battery measured at 8.16v to 8.18v. When I plug in the charger the voltage starts at 50/51v and climbs to 63.8v. If anyone could help me with where I go from here to trouble shoot that would be appreciated. I have always kept the water up and I leave the cart on the charger when not in use.
Redden77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha 48 volt won't finish charging

Your batteries are only about 60 - 65% charged! Full charge should be 8.49V! Make sure the water levels are Ok, check all the high current cables for corrosion, and check your charger plug and receptacle for poor connections. I can't help with your charger as I'm not familiar with it. Do any of the batteries get hot? Does the charger get hot? ( over current condition ) I would try and start the charging cycle over, as long as nothing is hot.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
Redden77
Not Yet Wild

I know that the batteries are at 60-65, the charger keeps shutting off before it fully charges them and goes to abnormal cycle. The water is topped up and all connections are tight and clean. I have not noticed hot conditions of the batteries or charger. I have tried starting he charging cycle over about 20 times and the same thing happens, abnormal cycle.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you have access to another charger to try on your cart? How about another cart you could try your charger on? Someone on the board will have used your type of charger and may be able to help much better than I can! Could you post the type and model of your charger? It could help a lot.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
Redden77
Not Yet Wild

It is a Yamaha 48 v charger model SCR481717
Customer Model JR1-H2107-02
S/N 00144321
Spec BA847

I don't have any access to another cart or charger unfortunately. Looks like we are the only ones in our cottage association that knows the benefit and fun of a golf cart
Old 06-28-2020, 03:03 PM   #6
offgridcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Redden77 did you ever solve this issue?
offgridcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha