lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
shawnhill34
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Speed issue, 8 mph intermittently

I have not yet, sorry. I plan on trying to call Plum Quick tomorrow to see if they can help. If not I may even try Club Car and see if they can help. The more I test things out the more it doesn't make sense but I'm sure there's something simple I'm missing. Part of me is wondering if there's something with the MCOR that may be the problem? I'll let you know what Robby has to say though.
shawnhill34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
shawnhill34
Not Yet Wild

Just an update, I still haven't gotten a hold of Plum Quick yet, going to try again tomorrow, but called Club Car and was referred to local dealer which is in the Orlando area, and was given absolutely no help at all from their parts/service department. I decided to go ahead and replace the speed sensor today, even though it passed the rolling test, and unfortunately that was no help either. At least eliminated that, but any guesses what the next most likely culprit would be? MCOR? magnet? controller???
Old 09-24-2013, 06:02 AM   #13
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . if it were me, and I still had the original motor (assuming it was in working condition), I would swap out the PQ with the original and see if cart ran normally . . . that would at least prove if PQ motor or cart is the issue . . . you may be chasing your tail otherwise . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is probably related to the 4 pole speed magnet PQ most likely installed in the motor. It definetely does not work on excels, and if you look at the speedylink site, which simulates a 4 pole magnet, they say 2008 and newer IQ have problems too.

Do you have a standard/original 8 pole magnet to try?

Also, try accelarating slow and fast from a dead stop and see if it makes a difference as far as the controller going into limp mode.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #15
shawnhill34
Not Yet Wild

I don't have another motor sitting around unfortunately, it's the bandit upgrade, and I also don't have an extra magnet. As far as accelerating fast/slow, I actually have found that slowly accelerating will tend to go into the limp mode more often than not, but definitely not a sure thing. The one trick that seems to work the majority of the time right now is to press the accelerator quickly so that I can hear the click, then immediately let off, pause maybe 1 second, then go full bore. Again it's not 100% success that way but significantly higher than a coin flip. It seems as though its almost tricking the cart somehow and the lack of time to reset itself allows it to work. Hopefully that makes sense, sorry for the rambling
Old 09-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #16
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhill34 View Post
I don't have another motor sitting around unfortunately, it's the bandit upgrade, and I also don't have an extra magnet. As far as accelerating fast/slow, I actually have found that slowly accelerating will tend to go into the limp mode more often than not, but definitely not a sure thing. The one trick that seems to work the majority of the time right now is to press the accelerator quickly so that I can hear the click, then immediately let off, pause maybe 1 second, then go full bore. Again it's not 100% success that way but significantly higher than a coin flip. It seems as though its almost tricking the cart somehow and the lack of time to reset itself allows it to work. Hopefully that makes sense, sorry for the rambling
PQ cart?
If so, remove the two wire connector on the mcor.....put a short jumper wire into the two wire connector..........this will jump out the micro switch and cart should run up to speed, if so replace mcor...........
PH cart?
I have PH motors for stock carts with standard tires.
Hope this helps.......
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:18 AM   #17
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMQUICK View Post
PQ cart?
If so, remove the two wire connector on the mcor.....put a short jumper wire into the two wire connector..........this will jump out the micro switch and cart should run up to speed, if so replace mcor...........
PH cart?
I have PH motors for stock carts with standard tires.
Hope this helps.......
. . . there ya go! . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car