lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Johnnyo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Cut out point on gas pedal

On my G1, when I go at a slow constant speed, my golf cart wants to shut off & restart. I guess the pedal is being held right at the point where it wants to shut off.. Consequently when I hold at that speed it is very jerky, starting & stopping..
How & where would I adjust the shut off point on the accelerator pedal, so I could go slower & it wouldn't shut off, & I could actually idle without moving, & then take my foot right off the pedal to shut the engine off..
My other G1 that I have up north actually will idle with a bit of pressure on the gas pedal & if I take my foot off it shuts off....
I replaced the seals, & it starts & runs great, except for the slow speed..
Thanks in advance.
John
Johnnyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
copperhead1971
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Cut out point on gas pedal

don't forget to check the primary clutch to make sure it is moving freely, i just had the father in laws engine apart and when i pushed down on the clutch it stayed down/closed ... it should have poped right back to the open position but it was sticky as hell... so 30 min of wd40 and working it back and forth,, when it was off the engine on the bench and it freed it right up... not when you start the engine it doesn't try to take off before it even starts and it stops alot better as well
copperhead1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Johnnyo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for your quick reply.
I just had it off when I replaced the seals. It's moving freely, & the belt is loose inside the pulley.
There is a spring with 2 coils in it on the throttle cable, but the other end is not hooked anywhere, & I can't see any place for it to be hooked onto. Is there any place I can find a picture to see where it's supposed to connect.? I don't think that's the problem, But it has a loop on the other end so looks like it should be hooked up some place..That picture you posted of the serial number shows one loop of that spring. When I touch the gas pedal, it wants to take right off.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
copperhead1971
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

lets see if i can find another pic...is this the one your looking for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0875.JPG (508.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0870.JPG (517.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0857.JPG (513.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0859.JPG (422.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #5
Johnnyo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yes that's the one thank you. Now I see where the other end hooks to...Now if I can just find out how to adjust the linkage or??? so it'll go slower without the motor shutting down..
Old 12-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
Johnnyo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Can you please tell me the number of your belt.? I'm just wondering if I have the right belt on mine.. The number on mine is J17-46241-00
It seems like it might be a bit tight, because the rear pulley isn't opening fully..

OK just checked on ebay, & seems like my number is OK.. The rear pulley doesn't open all the way.. Seems to me like twhen it's stopped, thos parts with the plastic pieces on them should touch each other, & let the belt down a bit more, so it will be loose on that idler on the motor clutch..
Old 12-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #7
copperhead1971
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

the secondary clutch i be leave has a stronger spring but it should open and close well, i used wd40 to help clean both clutches , the secondary still needs some work on the cart i am working on but seems to be starting to work the way it should...spray it down on the spring side and pull from the passenger side of the cart working it back and forth pulling it open and then closed, you do this with the belt off and out of the way , just keep working it, or you may have to take it apart and clean everything so there is no more junk inside so it can move more freely.. i haven't taken off the secondary yet my self... this pic is from before i took the engine out ...notice all the junk on the block down by the main belt..good sign the seals were gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0864.JPG (422.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #8
Johnnyo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Great thanks... I went to spray it, & wouldn't you know it one push, & my WD40 is empty, so gotta go & replenish.. An oil I use at home is called Kroil, & about the best penetrating oil I have ever used, but expensive. Around $26 a spray can in Prince Albert... Maybe if I give it a couple of shots, even driving it a bit might help, if not I'll take it apart.. The primary clutch is OK. I cleaned it real good. The little idler thingy under the belt was a bit rusty on top, so I sanded it clean with fine grit, & the pulley isn't touching the belt at all. But the secondary isn't opening fully, & appears to be the culprit..
Old 12-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #9
Johnnyo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Are there any posts on dismantling the secondary clutch? Do I need an impact to get the nut off? Or Pullers?
Old 12-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
copperhead1971
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

likely an impact would help a lot , and if you look on ebay they do sell a puller, but who knows it may come off, but i think don't use a hammer you may damage it..also look on Utube you may find a video that would help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha