lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #11
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Headlight bulb question need help please

golf cart bulb.jpg

Okay here you go
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #12
KSever
Not Yet Wild

It looks like somebody made their own connector to the bulb with wire. Never have seen wires running directly to that connection of the bulb.
KSever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #13
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just pick up the plugs with the length of wire you need from a junkyard and get four male spade ends and crimp them on.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #14
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

It looks like someone jerry rigged that to begin with? I have never seen it like that before. Does it look like someone soldered the wires onto the internal connections?
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #15
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
It looks like someone jerry rigged that to begin with? I have never seen it like that before. Does it look like someone soldered the wires onto the internal connections?
Strangely enough no...it looks factory sealed and installed. No evidence of solder at all. I would not be surprised if it was part of an aftermarket kit. I think I'll solder them back on.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:01 AM   #16
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . convert your source wires to match up with the standard 886 bulb, eliminating the wires that are coming from the bulb . . . here is a sample from Auto Zone . . . take you new bulb there are ask for a connector that fits it . . .

Bulb Connector
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #17
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . convert your source wires to match up with the standard 886 bulb, eliminating the wires that are coming from the bulb . . . here is a sample from Auto Zone . . . take you new bulb there are ask for a connector that fits it . . .

Bulb Connector
Steve. I attempted to do that at the auto parts store where I bought the replacement bulbs. It's was not Autozone but another similar. They did not have one that was correct on the shelf. I'll give Autozone a try before I give up.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #18
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post

Bulb Connector
Steve

The part number at Autozone you suggested worked. For others who might be looking for a headlight bulb and socket that fit a 886 12v/ 50watt bulb depicted in this thread, the part at Autozone is Dorman H8/H11 84783 Universal Headlight Socket. The snap lock for the assembly is wrong but it's a snug fit and a piece of electrical tape around the socket should keep it from backing out.

Cheers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car