lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Jakes 6" lift left wheel rubs

Is this a spindle lift? I'm guessing since The Jake's guy told you to check the front spring that your lift is built off the stock suspension.

I have a 6" lift and 22.5" tires, but I have a double A-arm setup. With the double A-arm lift, the entire front suspension is swapped out, and the new suspension geometry moves the wheel spindles about 5-6" forward.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I have the entire stock front suspension from my cart laying in my basement, when I get home I can look at it and see if it can be flipped, I'll bet that it can.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:18 PM   #13
DRAGSHOVEL
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes the front leaf is swapable. I flipped it to the other side and no change. I ordered a jakes wheelbase extension kit and am going to put it on tonight. Thanks for your help everyone!
DRAGSHOVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #14
InCogNeetO
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

make sure to check wheel alignment and look over the front suspension too make sure all is good
InCogNeetO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:08 PM   #15
drewbaby88
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would like to know which lift you have as well. I have the All Sports 6" double a-arm lift and have 4-5" of clearance there.

if you did the spindle lift, is it possible you got sent 2 right side spindles? will it even bolt up that way?

Again, Im not looking at my suspension right now and I also have the double a-arm lift.
drewbaby88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:54 PM   #16
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

put your wheels straight. measure the clearance between the tire and the rocker on each side. if it isn't the same at straight there is a problem. it is possible you got a bad part, or the cart was damaged earlier.

too bad about that extension part. with the cost of that and the current lift, its almost to the point of a much better ( in my opinion) double a arm lift
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #17
DRAGSHOVEL
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Jakes makes a 2" wheelbase extension. I installed it and problem solved. It also gives it a nicer stance. I'm thinking about installing a kit on my 06 now. Thanks for all your guys help!
DRAGSHOVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #18
miker
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Does it have wheel spacers if it does take them out
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #19
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Tell us what kind of lift it is! Since it seems nobody here has ever had a rubbing problem running a 6" lift and 22" tires, we'd like to know more details about your lift.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:39 AM   #20
RAF81
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbaby88 View Post
I would like to know which lift you have as well. I have the All Sports 6" double a-arm lift and have 4-5" of clearance there.

if you did the spindle lift, is it possible you got sent 2 right side spindles? will it even bolt up that way?

Again, Im not looking at my suspension right now and I also have the double a-arm lift.
Drew, do you have any photos of your lift kit? I believe I have the same one and not sure if I have it installed incorrectly but it seems very stiff. I don't have any directions as it was purchased 10 years ago and I'm just getting around to installing it now, so I'm flying blind so to speak.
RAF81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car