lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #21
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: When slightly depressing gas pedal motor is at full speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnv 410 View Post
Ok I went back to #17 and tried that. I disconnected the wires from the ITS (Black / White) and placed the volt meter probes directly to the wires. when pressing the pedal I got a reading of 14 DC . Is this what you was saying to try?
Yes. You likely have a bad ITS module. Before you order a new ITS locate a small inline 4 prong molex connector in the cable from the pedal box to the controller. Check it for corrosion and moisture. The pedal box cable should enter the battery box area in the front center bottom. Trace this cable until you find the connector and inspect it. Mine was under the bundle of wires under the controller. That's about all I can suggest.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #22
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

And back to #17- No I am not familiar with measuring resistance with the meter. But I sure can try if you tell me what im doing....lol
Johnv 410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #23
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Is there anything else I can test to confirm this is the issue?
Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #24
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much for your help resolving the issue. Once I get the new ITS module I will let you know the outcome. Thank you again.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #25
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Locate the connector between the ITS cable and the controller and inspect it for corrosion. It is a small white 4 pin connector that can cause strange problems with the ITS. The voltage you measured with the ITS disconnected at 14 volts was a indication you don't have the leakage I was suspecting you might have but you might want to take a look at this connector and check it for moisture and/or corrosion anyway. If you can borrow a ITS module from a working cart and substitute it might prove it is good/bad. Other than a possible connector problem I would say you have a bad ITS. A resistance across the ITS module to determine if it is good or not is not reliable. You would select the R x100 scale to make measurements across the ITS with the wires to controller disconnected. If you want to do that might help confirm the ITS is leaky or defective.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #26
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Thank you again. Before I purchase a new ITS I will look at the wires and connectors for corrosion or moisture. What should the voltage have been on the ITS wires? Was the 14 volts correct or where it should be?
Old 09-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #27
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnv 410 View Post
Thank you again. Before I purchase a new ITS I will look at the wires and connectors for corrosion or moisture. What should the voltage have been on the ITS wires? Was the 14 volts correct or where it should be?
14 volts is ok. It varies slightly depending on controller but it is in that range with ITS out of the circuit. When you finish checking the connector and satisfied it is ok go ahead and take the ITS out and lets take some resistance measurements across it with your meter.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #28
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Update: I got out my old cart and ran some more tests with the ITS circuit. The 15 volts you measured across the wires you disconnected from the ITS module does not prove you don't have a cable/connector leakage contributing to the problem. It proves the controller is putting out the voltage to make the ITS function. You would have to make a resistance measurements across the white and black wires loose from the ITS with the 6 pin connector on top of the controller unplugged. We haven't proved the ITS is the problem yet.

UPDATE: I could measure the 14 volts you measured between the ITS wires on the black wire in the pedal box ok measuring from Battery -. If you get any voltage (a volt more or less) on the white wire disconnected from the ITS module when you press the pedal you have leakage. I verified this measuring from battery negative B-. That would indicate you have leakage the same if you measured resistance. Just leave everything on the controller and ITS connected except the white wire on the ITS. Check for any voltage on white wire when pedal is pressed and the solenoid clicks. Zero voltage on white wire points back to the ITS. I would hate to see you buy a new ITS and it not fix the problem. I am trying to be sure there is no voltage feeding over to the white wire in the cable and connector. Measurements I made referenced to B -. I hope this helps. I will be back later if you need anymore help. Going to put old cart back together and put it back in the garage.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #29
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for going through the trouble to help me out Radioman!!!!! If I can get to it today I will check that measurement and give you the outcome. Thank you again, I really appreciate your time and effort.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #30
Johnv 410
Not Yet Wild

Radioman, THANK YOU very much. The new ITS solved my problem. Thanks for all the valuable information you gave me to help solve the problem. Job well done !!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO