lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
colu41
Getting Wild

Default Testing Voltage Regulator

So I finally found a factory voltage regulator procedure and tried it out. Now, from what it seems to me, either my cart is wired wrong, or the reg is bad. It says to test the positive probe on the large solenoid post with the red wire from the regulator attached. When I did that I got 0 voltage. But I did get low 14 and very slowly rising on the other post. But nothing from the regulator is attached to that post. Any suggestions?
colu41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #2
colu41
Getting Wild

Default Re: Testing Voltage Regulator

The green highlight is obviously the solenoid post that has the red wire from the voltage regulator. That tested 0 volts after running the motor for a few minutes. The blue highlight tested 13.9 and within a few minutes very slowly raised to 14.2 before I pulled the probes off. What does this mean?
The test says to put the meter probe on the post with the regulator wire. Is this wired wrong or is the regulator bad?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140821_163334.jpg (286.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
colu41
Getting Wild

Default Re: Testing Voltage Regulator

Update:
I realized that needs to have a load on it when tested but even with it turning over it only tested 11.6 volts.....
Is my voltage regulator bad?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car