lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
MudStud
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default How big?

What size tires is everyone using with their original motors?
MudStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #2
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How big?

Ive got 23" on my fe290. Runs fine. I also had 27" on an old flat head 341. It drove ok.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

sho did a pretty good job explaining some stuff in your other thread for being a Yamaha guy!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...ock-motor.html

It's not exactly fair that I bring my 07 Lynx w/25's in on this, so I'm going to start with my buddies 94 DS first!

As stated... A 1994 Stock DS with an FE290 my buddy bought for a campground cruiser,
The first thing he did was get it painted, Lifted it with an All Sports SS 7.5 lift, and 23" tires,
His wife was insistent about getting the cart to the campground right away!
So he really didn't get much of a chance to see what it would do!

Once there, his cart struggled to get up the hill from my camper (on a lake site, to the rest of the campground),
And guess who complained about it the most? yep!... his wife!
Of coarse, he asked me what he could do to help it climb the hill better,
I explained the few things I wanted to do with my cart to give it the Oomph!
The only thing he wanted to do is get the driven clutch machined... (cheapest, and quickest!)
Well... we couldn't get it off the input shaft, so he lived with it the way it was!

Now for my Lynx... it's technically a DS, but built from the factory as a "hunting vehicle",
It came stock with an FE350, 4" Z lift, 22' tires, and (I think) a driven clutch torque spring.
When I got a deal on a set of 25x10.5x12 tires and rims... I reflected back to my buddies 94!
Did I try running up the hill before doing anything else? Nope... it was winter! (15" of snow on the ground)
Since my cart was in my garage at home, I made a phone call to my "go to" CC parts supplier, and asked his opinion of what else I could do!

He set me up with a Jake's 3" spindle lift, (to fit the 25's) a severe duty drive belt, a timing advance key,
and a K&N air filter with a larger main carb jet! (not exactly all in that order!) and I've never once regretted it!
I've broken 2 coolers, and lost all sorts of other stuff off of my back seat from the torque going up that hill!

Sorry for the "longwindedness"... I'm just kinda bored!
This is just my experience, yours my differ! but, I hope this helps!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
MudStud
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thats the kind of info I was looking for. I have had the driven clutch machined and had the torque spring put in but that is all. I have the k&n air filter bit havent gotten the advance timing key or the larger fuel jet, but I want to keep my original fe290 engine. Im only looking to fit a 24 in tire but I didnt want to upgrade to them and not be able to climb the couple hills around my house. Your response about the fe350 was the type of response I was looking for when I staryed the other thread but I never got the response I wanted in the lifted cart sectionm
MudStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car