lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Private Speed Mode 4 Details

I believe there were a couple of members mentioning in the past that they were told they would need to purchase a CHIP to get the additional speed from their stock controller when actually it's just a code that's entered into it by a factory Handheld Programmer along with the purchased Private Code 4 from Club Car. I've attached a link to a PDF file of the instructions from Club Car if anyone is interested in viewing it or learning what it's all about in the future.

http://www.tk411.com/pdf/speedmode4.pdf
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: Private Speed Mode 4 Details

You basically have to have this done at a dealer. It is/was against club cars regs to sell the programming modules to individuals. You can buy the display and troubleshooting version, but not the programmers..
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasetim View Post
You basically have to have this done at a dealer. It is/was against club cars regs to sell the programming modules to individuals. You can buy the display and troubleshooting version, but not the programmers..
Besides that they're like $600-$800 from what I've heard so it would be extremely foolish to purchase one. This thread is just to show what's entailed to have a speed code 4 installed by a Club Car dealer for around $100 as well as to dispel the CHIP rumor.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

okie :-)
Old 03-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasetim View Post
okie :-)
By the way... love the pic's of the kids in your avatar! I'll bet they love the cart rides...
Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

LOL. Yes they do, they get to come see me at work and pick which one I drive them around in.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
dvrice
Not Yet Wild

What's the difference between the programmer and the display/troubleshooting version? I wonder what version a golf course has?

I don't live near a Club Car authorized dealer, so I was hoping to purchase the code then install it myself at a local golf course. I know the local golf course has a handheld, but not sure if it is the programmer or the display/troubleshooting version.
dvrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My hand held for club car does both diagnostic and speed code. The handheld is made for Curtis controllers. With the square or round 4 pin connector.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrice View Post
What's the difference between the programmer and the display/troubleshooting version? I wonder what version a golf course has?

I don't live near a Club Car authorized dealer, so I was hoping to purchase the code then install it myself at a local golf course. I know the local golf course has a handheld, but not sure if it is the programmer or the display/troubleshooting version.
The courses probably just have a reader or troubleshooting handheld. It tells them diagnostics on any given cart they plug it into. Like Scubabud said, I don't think CC sells the programmers to anybody but authorized dealers.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #10
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
My hand held for club car does both diagnostic and speed code. The handheld is made for Curtis controllers. With the square or round 4 pin connector.
Where can you find these handheld?
grandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car