lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2019, 11:11 PM   #1
CPC2004
Not Yet Wild

Default Columbia NEV with LX front body

Hi, pleased to meet 'cha, this is my first post.

I just bought a nice running 2004 Columbia ParCar Eagle NEV that has the "Optional LX Front Body with Electronic Trunk Release". VIN: 5FCLE24A641000684

The Trunk release button is inside the driver's side glove box but seems to be inoperative, I cannot open the trunk lid. The previous owner (my neighbor) never opened it either because it was broken when he bought it years ago.
We'd like to know if anyone here has any info about this, or can point us to a way to open this trunk.
For all we know it contains the Crown Jewels!! Haha.

Attached is a picture of a red LX body with trunk lid open. The silver cart is the one I just bought.

Any information about this predicament is happily accepted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CPC LX Trunk, open.jpg (17.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2763.jpg (17.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by CPC2004; 10-15-2019 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: more info
CPC2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2019, 08:37 PM   #2
cltracey02
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Columbia NEV with LX front body

There should be a 12v actuator under the front of the cart. Sometimes there is a pull latch, or you can try to jump 12v to the actuator.
cltracey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
CPC2004
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cltracey02 View Post
There should be a 12v actuator under the front of the cart. Sometimes there is a pull latch, or you can try to jump 12v to the actuator.
Thank you for the suggestions, this is a 'when I get to it' project so I'm slow. I pulled the dashboard and located the back of the push button trunk release, it had two wires going to a 'red' wire coming out of a loom, so the button acts as a momentary switch. My voltmeter showed the 'red' wire to the button was dead, no 12v power - I tried with the key in, on, off, no key - no joy. Possibly a fuse is blown somewhere or the wires disconnected.

I've also located a couple of loose wires hanging down from a hole under the front of the trunk, possibly connected to the actuator. Next will be to connect 12v to see what happens. A pull latch would make sense as a manual safety mechanism but I haven't seen anything like that yet.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:54 PM   #4
CPC2004
Not Yet Wild

Finally got around to troubleshooting this problem. The front trunk 6v powered release latch is a Ford Mustang trunk release part number and was not getting full power from the dash switch.
We ended up running a new 6v wire from a single battery positive terminal to the switch. and it now works as intended.

There was also a emergency manual opener hanging under the very front of the cart, a screwdriver was needed to twist the slotted cable release and the hood can opened without electricity.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:25 PM   #5
CPC2004
Not Yet Wild

While troubleshooting the front trunk, we installed a 4" lift kit, a new front leaf spring and added 205/65-10 tires to the existing wheels.
The ride and handling are so much improved I can hardly believe it, plus the cart looks better!

Old 07-21-2021, 11:55 AM   #6
impossiblepools
Not Yet Wild

Nice looking cart. I'm trying to find a lift kit for my 2002 Eagle w/ LX front body, also. Did you do a custom lift? Or, did you find one somewhere?
impossiblepools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:58 PM   #7
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

The standard lift kit will work with that body. CVG191874u.

https://evtechnicalservices.com/onli...-eu-cvg191874u

That’s the factory version but you night be able to find something generic for less, and maybe another bgw member can help with that.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:12 PM   #8
CPC2004
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Columbia NEV with LX front body & 4" Lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossiblepools View Post
Nice looking cart. I'm trying to find a lift kit for my 2002 Eagle w/ LX front body, also. Did you do a custom lift? Or, did you find one somewhere?
Thanks, my reply is kinda late tho, been doing other things.

I found a factory lift kit on Ebay for $500, it seemed expensive but they are rare and hard to find. Fabbing up something is beyond my abilities and this kit was a fairly simple install so I'm glad I bought it.
The cart gets used quite a bit and runs well.

FWIW, I have added the Lift Kit Install PDF instructions:
Parcar_Lift_Kit_P4_Intrsuctions_4_inch_Columbia_Golf_Cart_Eagle.pdf

Last edited by CPC2004; 12-22-2021 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: clearer subject matter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar