lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2023, 05:21 AM   #31
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Navitas for Icon!

The 600a navitas works great to get some extra power up hills. I don’t care about top speed it already went around 25 factory (and default navitas setting), so for me the 600a controller was just for hills. Every hill is different but in general I’d say if I could do 8mph up a hill with the stock controller I can now do ~ 14 - 18 up the same hill with the same lead acid batteries. Temperature, battery life, load, etc will all weigh in so it’s hard to give a specific number but I’d say anywhere from 1.5-2x uphill speed improvement. I do have my accel dial turned all the way up for this very reason so that’s another variable depending on where you set the knobs to but either way a great inprovement. Installation was a hassle but it was worth it in the end.
sgremp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2023, 06:11 PM   #32
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgremp View Post
The 600a navitas works great to get some extra power up hills. I don’t care about top speed it already went around 25 factory (and default navitas setting), so for me the 600a controller was just for hills. Every hill is different but in general I’d say if I could do 8mph up a hill with the stock controller I can now do ~ 14 - 18 up the same hill with the same lead acid batteries. Temperature, battery life, load, etc will all weigh in so it’s hard to give a specific number but I’d say anywhere from 1.5-2x uphill speed improvement. I do have my accel dial turned all the way up for this very reason so that’s another variable depending on where you set the knobs to but either way a great inprovement. Installation was a hassle but it was worth it in the end.
Can you post some photos of the install of the Navitas in your Icon? Any details or tips you can share to get it to fit?
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 08:16 AM   #33
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

It’s a bit of a pain to install. It’s a tight spot and hard to maneuver around in. I also had to create some new holes so you’ll need a tap and dye, I think the size was m8 but can’t recall, the navitas docs have the screw sizes I beleieve. I had to flip the reverse alarm so the siren is actually inside the controller housing box (net positive if you ask me the reverse alarms are annoying). So you can’t hear it as well anymore. I also had to adjust how the solenoid was positioned…also need to machine some new holes for that. I ended up have to disconnect the motor wires so I had better access, and even still it’s hard to get to fit back in just right. It definitely wasn’t a direct drop in, u less for some reason my cart was setup differently than others. It’s been awhile since I did it so I can remember every little nuance but I do remember not wanting to do it again. The results were worth it though. I don’t care about the speed I just wanted the torque for the hills, so I keep the on the fly controller all the way up for accel, we have some pretty nasty hills around here and can manage about 15 up most of them with about 400lbs of people and cargo on the i60l. Which isn’t bad, it was about 6-8mph up the same hills with the stock controller. You can maybe get even better if you mess with the settings in the controller but I didn’t do that, I left it set how it was and only change around the on the fly module. If you do start messing with the settings I’d do it on a weekday when navitas support is working because if you screw something up on the weekend and your cart won’t drive, you have to wait until they are open to have someone help you over the phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3727.jpg (74.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-21-2023, 08:23 AM   #34
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgremp View Post
It’s a bit of a pain to install. It’s a tight spot and hard to maneuver around in. I also had to create some new holes so you’ll need a tap and dye, I think the size was m8 but can’t recall, the navitas docs have the screw sizes I beleieve. I had to flip the reverse alarm so the siren is actually inside the controller housing box (net positive if you ask me the reverse alarms are annoying). So you can’t hear it as well anymore. I also had to adjust how the solenoid was positioned…also need to machine some new holes for that. I ended up have to disconnect the motor wires so I had better access, and even still it’s hard to get to fit back in just right. It definitely wasn’t a direct drop in, u less for some reason my cart was setup differently than others. It’s been awhile since I did it so I can remember every little nuance but I do remember not wanting to do it again. The results were worth it though. I don’t care about the speed I just wanted the torque for the hills, so I keep the on the fly controller all the way up for accel, we have some pretty nasty hills around here and can manage about 15 up most of them with about 400lbs of people and cargo on the i60l. Which isn’t bad, it was about 6-8mph up the same hills with the stock controller. You can maybe get even better if you mess with the settings in the controller but I didn’t do that, I left it set how it was and only change around the on the fly module. If you do start messing with the settings I’d do it on a weekday when navitas support is working because if you screw something up on the weekend and your cart won’t drive, you have to wait until they are open to have someone help you over the phone.
Thanks for the tips! Is it possible to just remove the controller box and do the reconfiguring while it's outside of the cart?
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 09:51 AM   #35
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Yes, that’s how I did it but it’s still hard to get in and out. If I remember correctly I had to take some parts out with it in the cart then I was able to remove the metal plate that holds the controller and other components, put it all back together again, then reinstall. You still need to install the wires and what not while it’s in the cart.

Tags
controller, i60l, lithium, navitas, navitas controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon