lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2021, 10:29 AM   #11
JLG40
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: new to me 2010 Tomberlin 500, sat for 2 years

Ojo thank you for offering the sensor, however I purchased one prior to seeing this. Still trying to decide about purchasing a Curtis handset as I am not sure how much I will use it. The plan is to clean the ignition switch contacts, take the motor out and clean the brushes etc and install the new halleffect sensor. Already replaced the batteries and speed senor so if all of that does not get me up and running, then I will most likey purchase a used handset. They are going for $350 to $425 used and $525 and up new...checked around and no one I know has one for me to borrow. I am in MIchigan and not a lot of Tomberlin Golf Cart repair facilities...and none in my area. Thoughts on my plan with the motor etc?
JLG40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2021, 10:59 AM   #12
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cleaning the switch and the motor is not bad and for your needs it would be possible to get a Curtis handset for rent... 30$ per month! For my own Tomberlin project i did the same, fortunately i'd found a private person where i could borrow one. If you'll do this, ask for the right cable with 4-pin molex connector!

https://picclick.com/Curtis-Handset-...800903642.html
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:22 PM   #13
JLG40
Not Yet Wild

Well, it worked. Cleaned and lubed the brushes and armature in the motor and it took off as soon as we re-installed everything....hit 25 mph with two big guys on it. So far so good. Still have not received the Halleffect sensor but it never hurts to have a few extra parts around I guess. Still trying to decide if we will keep it or flip it. While I now know a bunch about Tomberlin carts...and spent time and money cleaning, repairing, replacing a bunch...just not sure if I want to press my luck and keep it or sell it while I know everything is working (even the windshield wipers now work) Thoughts from the group?
JLG40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:15 AM   #14
SteveMat
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Watching thread as we picked up a 2010 Tomberlin 6-seater last year. Works well but none of the local golf cart shops say they will work on Tomberlins.
SteveMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:28 PM   #15
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, there is not much support for Tomberlin carts everywhere, in Europe no dealer at all. If it drives and your wife love it, it's ok. But if somebody ask me ' shall i buy a Tomberlin ' i'd say NO
Old 09-12-2021, 09:16 AM   #16
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

ojo, I see you're listed as being in Germany. As we know the internet offers some level of support worldwide, but I get it if you're referring to hands-on or walk-in type support. Most carts are designed and built the same whether from the states or somewhere in the Chinese sphere of influence, and even the parts that China uses have a lot of them coming from Europe (controllers, motors, etc...).

For parts support, I would love to be able to ship overseas, I just haven't figured out the nitty gritty of all the paperwork needed so if any of you guys know how to do that and calculate all the shipping, please drop me a pm.

For online sources of documents, I've added a DOCUMENTS page to my website. Currently going through the upload process but have loaded the current Columbia and Tomberlin parts/service/owner manuals and working backwards in time to get the rest. It's a rather time consuming process.

https://evtechnicalservices.com/documents

But don't forget several years ago I loaded the older documents at www.buggiesgonewild.com/columbia-parcars so you can get those anytime.

I am also sharing the service bulletins for these vehicles but again, time consuming and loaded when I can. Please keep in mind on service bulletins:
Service bulletins are NOT automatic warranty upgrades. Bulletins are issued to inform technicians of changes for any of the following reasons:

Informational tips for troubleshooting;
Material changes;
Obsolescence of a certain part;
An in-process change of a component or assembly;
Various other reasons.

I want to make sure I stress that point because I have seen people find a bulletin from 15 years ago and think they should get an automatic free factory upgrade. It doesn't work that way.

And lastly, for parts here in the US, EV Tech is a parts and service dealer for both Columbia and Tomberlin. We show the manufacturer's true MSRP list price on our website. We don't mark it up a percent just so we can slash through it and make it look like you're getting a deal. Honesty and integrity still needs to count for something even if it's one sided and that's what you'll get from me. If I needed to make a buck by doing the wrong thing then I would prefer to go without.

Bottom line...if you need tech support I'm a tech at heart and will do my best to help. If I don't know the answer I personally know the folks at the factory who I can ask..
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:41 AM   #17
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you TS, my Tomberlin experience is 3 years ago and finally i've got it running and soled ' street legal ' with a good profit

Tags
cart sitting for 2 years, tomberlin, tomberlin emerge 500 le
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin