lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What's the Best Electric Cart (any year) if staying unmodified?

My point is that a stock cart is meant for golf, not towing or launching or extra passengers or sand.

People (like your folks) call me all year round with stock carts that won't do this or that...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #22
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

LOL - Of course they call you with that, your the guy who sells the parts for upgrades!

I do get what your saying, but they live in a small flat community (with a whopping total of .75 miles of road). A stock electric cart worked very well for them for several years, so it will be hard to convince them (or me) they need more than what they once had.
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What did they have? What happened to what they had? I'm not trying to convince you of anything
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:52 PM   #24
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

They had an ezgo txt. They got rid of it last year and now want another cart. I'm leaning towards a CC DS simply due to so many TXT's around here having rust issues.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:43 AM   #25
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Every DS I've had the aluminum battery brackets were corroded through and had to be replaced. They are welded in so cutting and grinding is required. In a salt environment the aluminum will corrode faster then powder coated steel will rust.

TXT battery trays rust out usually because people don't perform monthly battery cleanings properly.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #26
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Every DS I've had the aluminum battery brackets were corroded through and had to be replaced. They are welded in so cutting and grinding is required. In a salt environment the aluminum will corrode faster then powder coated steel will rust.

TXT battery trays rust out usually because people don't perform monthly battery cleanings properly.
Wow, I haven't come across a single DS for sale that had to have battery brackets replaced (and I've seen a 30 year old DS)! Ive seen a lot that were pitted, but nothing major — this is just my experience looking around at different carts in central Florida for my parents, maybe results vary due to location? Or maybe central Floridians just take really good care of their batteries

I do appreciate all the comments everyone has given, its been fun to see how everyone has their own favorite cart and why. There are no wrong answers here.

So far, and in order: I prefer the the way the G29's look with the factory light kit (haven't had the chance to drive one yet), the way the DS doesn't rust in the elements and the sheer number of available parts for them, and finally TXT for its simplicity and that anyone with a welder could fix/replace just about anything on it.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:56 AM   #27
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: What's the Best Electric Cart (any year) if staying unmodified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Whatever you buy, just make sure it is a controller cart, not a resistor cart. Resistor carts waste too much energy. I prefer the EZ Go TXT Series carts from '96 on. Easy to troubleshoot, no excess wiring BS.
Took your advise and kept passing on the resistor carts. There are some really delusional people out there wanting $1500 for 1980's DS in awful shape not running. Anyhow, Over the weekend we drove to Sun City Center on a CL ad for a DS at an estate sale. Sun City Center is basically an entire town overrun with golf carts (census 20,369 strong). Carts were everywhere, at red lights, on roads AND FAST, special golf-cart parking everywhere, anyways - I digress... The cart we went for sold before we even arrived. But since there were golf cart shops everywhere we entertained ourselves while we were there.

On our second stop, they had a awesome little gem. It was a 36v '96 CC DS with controller - 100% stock, unmolested, and in amazing shape. How does a cart this old have perfect "everything"; Original seats, no blemishes or scrapes, tight steering and only $700! Took it for a spin around the area, came back, loaded it up and my parents could not be happier. I must have gotten 15 txt messages from them since Saturday. "We're going for a ride", "dad is looking at golf cart parts", "we love our cart". I'm a little jealous, but I'm glad it went to my parents and a good home. Ill get you guys some pictures, its the cleanest stock DS I've ever seen.

Appreciate everyones opinions on this topic.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #28
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Very cool! We do need pictures, never seen a 96 controller cart in 36 volt.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:31 AM   #29
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: What's the Best Electric Cart (any year) if staying unmodified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Very cool! We do need pictures, never seen a 96 controller cart in 36 volt.
Why the heck did I say 96 when its a 94??? — LOL ...I knew I shouldn't have drink that eggnog left over from last year

From ScottyB on another post here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
...The very first Controller carts from CC were indeed 36v from 1991 to 94. Then in 95 all controller carts became 48v. However they continued to produce 36v fleet carts with resistor coil drive systems through 2002
Here are a few pics that were snapped just before they they started taking it apart, sanding and polishing the aluminum and just doing a thorough cleaning. ...Although we all know once you catch the fever, one thing leads to another, and another - this is only the beginning. My mom asked me to please NOT share any cool golf cart parts I find for a while

Thanks for the opinions and help guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6951.jpg (145.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6953.jpg (125.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6952.jpg (124.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #30
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Nice!!! That's the "Holy Grail" of 36 volt Club Cars - can't believe you found one for them at all, let alone at that price and in that condition!!

Before you know it your parents will be on here getting "help" for their sickness.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts