lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
Jeepchkee
Not Yet Wild

Default dana axle tube replacement help

I have an electric golf cart with a dana axle with an aluminum housing that had a differential gear go out and blow a hole in the housing.
IMG_0515[1].JPG
I have a new housing and all four of the differential gears to replace the old one. My problem now if getting the old axle tubes removed from the housing. There appears to be two large rivots coming up from the bottom of the case.
IMG_0516[1].JPG
Wondering if there are any tricks short of drilling and cutting the old housing to pieces. Thanks

Chris
Jeepchkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2015, 08:43 PM   #2
Jeepchkee
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: dana axle tube replacement help

I believe it may be a H-12 axle.
Jeepchkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:22 PM   #3
capt4903
Getting Wild

Taylor-Dunn

I would take a grinder or saw and cut through the aluminum housing down to the tubes.....making relief cuts.....when I replaced the Dana axle in my Taylor-Dunn last year, it came with the tubes installed in the housing......
capt4903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:57 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Wildass guess here. Any chance that old case could be patched and reused? Something like JB Weld or such? Or maybe welded? Like I said, guessing....
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts