lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #11
Molon Labe USA
Getting Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G29 torque issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmac42 View Post
Tanks bird,
They said the batteries are Trojan HydroLink (see attached). Was told they are newish/refurbished and should last 3-5 years. They did a load test and found 1 battery, that was still in range, but questionable. I checked the batteries and they were at 8.20- 8.24 volts. From the picture it looks like they wrote the volts tested. This pic has 7.5. They did change these questionable battery out. What do I need to do a load test?
Attachment 146034
Those batteries are called T-875. You have the caps for the HydroLink but you still need the hose that goes to each battery cap & the pump to fill them.
http://www.trojanbattery.com/product...tering-system/
Also, it looks like it says F3 on the + post, meaning the batteries are from June of 2013, so they are 3 years & 7 months old. If they haven't been properly maintained then they very well could be bad. Check all the + posts to make note of all the different dates as some may have been changed over the years.
Molon Labe USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I do not know of a good "torque" DC electric in a stock model, (Yamaha/Ezgo or Club Car). If you want to go faster and have more torque, you will need to spend $. We all must remember, they were built to go 10-12 mph on a golf course. Scottyb recommended some sight sponsors, and if you have the $ you will be very happy. As for the batteries, ask the dealer to "download" the batteries with voltage readings with a full charge, minutes after download complete and voltages of each battery when the download shuts off and immediatly started again. The only true way to test deep cycle batteries. Sorry your having a bad experiance with your Yamaha.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #13
brianmac42
Not Yet Wild

Thanks smallblock. I have another post below with my battery results. My cart can easily do 12-15mph without any modifications flat. Unfortunately it seems like the motor doesn't want to pull uphill. My neighbor who has a Club Car said it doesn't seem like the motor want's to engage, kick in, or work when going uphill. He can easily go up my driveway and neighborhood hills at 8-10mph. I'm at 2mph. I don't want to spend the money on a new motor or controller right now if I don't have to. I just want to get up a dang hill.
brianmac42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #14
brianmac42
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone!

I tested batteries w/ a meter several different ways (in 60 degree weather).

Test 1: I charged for 4 hours with about 80% charge. The light indicated “Fully Charged”. I tested immediately with all the batteries cables connected. I then disconnected the cables and tested each battery as a single. I then reconnected the cables and tested again (after 10 minutes).

Test 2: I charged it (after the full charge) for 12 hours overnight and tested again the same way as Test 1. Below are the results. Please let me know if something doesn’t sound right.

SEE ATTACHED FOR TEST 1 & 2!!

They all were spot on 8.54 except Battery 6. With the batteries not in use, should they dip down that much within 10 minutes and then come back up within 5 hours?
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (34.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-18-2017, 07:28 AM   #15
xcntrk
Not Yet Wild

Side note question: I would love to see a pic of your battery tray with these x6 8v batts in place. That's not the stock configuration and somebody converted your G29 from x4 12v batts over to these x6 8v Trojans. I'm going to do the same with my cart and would love to see how they're organized under the seat.
xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My 2012 G29 came stock with 6x8V. That is a very common combination here.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #17
brianmac42
Not Yet Wild

Here is a pic of the full set.

This is what I found out.

The batteries checked on a load was written on the battery.
7.5, 7.7, 7.6, 7.0, 7.7. Dealership didn't write the last battery down which they swapped out a T-875 for a low deep cycle DC-8V. They also scratched the date off and can't tell how old it is.

I took it to a Yamaha dealership for a 2nd opinion. They said the load numbers are low and should be higher. They also said that they are the original batteries from the golf course and you never know how well they maintained.

The original dealership said they are certified tested batteries. I'm assuming there are no specs in place for what "certified" means
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1646[1].jpg (156.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-18-2017, 04:56 PM   #18
Molon Labe USA
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
My 2012 G29 came stock with 6x8V. That is a very common combination here.
So did my 2015.
Molon Labe USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:02 PM   #19
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That picture matches how mine were. I'm running Lithium now.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:49 PM   #20
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Is that a "tall post" battery (on driver side front)? They haven't made that style for a lot of years! Since you can't seem to get anyone to help locally (very sad), fully charge the batteries, take volt readings. Jack up the car, and use your volt meter on the (set) and individually while pressing the accelerator pedal and lightly applying the brake pedal (to simulate a load), then give us your readings. It would be interesting reading the controller for amp hour and mile useage also. Also, with a hydometer or "turkey baster", "suck some water/acid out and see if it is clear or muddy.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speed control, torque, uphill, yamaha 48v, yamaha g29
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha