lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2017, 12:10 PM   #1
808Toyz
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Battery gauge to monitor each 6v battery on a 48v pack

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to the golfcat world and also new to the forum 😊. Anyway I just recently picked up a lifted 48v ezgo TXT Shuttle (2002 I think) that has some pretty big 25” tires on it. The previous owner said the entire drivetrain was stock. It currently has Costco 6v batteries that are about 4 years old according to the stickers. It seams that the cart starts slowing down in speed after only using it around my neighborhood for less than 45 mins. There are no hula and I’m on pavement. I was wondering if there are any digital gauges that I can install to monitor each battery or do I need to just get a separate gauge for each one? I’m trying to avoid having to get new batteries for now and want to see if these batteries are still good.... after I charged it I did get a 48v reading and each battery was at 6.1v. It just seems that it doesn’t last long on the road. Thanks guys and any advice is greatly appreciated. Also I’m located out in Hawaii so batteries are limited and expensive here also shipping batteries are almost impossible to get here. 😊👍🏽🤙🏽
808Toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery gauge to monitor each 6v battery on a 48v pack

You can see by the chart attached that 6.1 v is less than 60% charged and 50 % is time to recharge. So, if this reading is taken after a fresh charge, you are ready for new batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SOC new.jpg (85.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
808Toyz
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You can see by the chart attached that 6.1 v is less than 60% charged and 50 % is time to recharge. So, if this reading is taken after a fresh charge, you are ready for new batteries.
Awesome Scottyb that’s a good reference chart. Ok Let me give a little info on my charger I got from the old owner. It’s a Lestronic II Model: 20330-98 the problem I have is that he has removed the auto shutoff in the charger because he said it went bad and costed too much to replace the part and so he bypassed it but now it will not shut off without unplugging it and so I’m not sure how long I should run it without damaging the batteries..... If I’m reading 6.1v on each battery how long should I keep changing it to see if will go up more? And how long on average should I charge the batteries if I’m at %50? Sorry if this is such an amateur question lol I’m just trying to make sure I can use these batteries to the fullest before getting new ones as it is really expensive here haha. Thanks again
Old 12-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Golf cart batteries are require 3 stage charging. Your hot-wired charger is giving only one phase. You need to act fast and repair that charger. These batteries are failing by the day.
Check water levels then
Charge the pack until it reaches 50v
Check all the batteries as the pack reaches 48v and report each battery voltage here, Then let the pack sit 12 hours and report the individual voltages again.
While it is charging go online and order the control board for this charger.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #5
808Toyz
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Golf cart batteries are require 3 stage charging. Your hot-wired charger is giving only one phase. You need to act fast and repair that charger. These batteries are failing by the day.
Check water levels then
Charge the pack until it reaches 50v
Check all the batteries as the pack reaches 48v and report each battery voltage here, Then let the pack sit 12 hours and report the individual voltages again.
While it is charging go online and order the control board for this charger.
Thanks I’ll check it when I get home. Mean while I’ll look for the part of just look into getting a new charger 😫
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts