lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
Thehumanlynx
Not Yet Wild

Default Frame and front end damage carryall6

I bought a carryall6 thinking I could add 2 seats in the back and haul my whole family. Turns out someone wrecked this cart and beat it up. The frame is damaged in several spots. The steering tie rod was bent along with the support frame that everything bolts into.

I think a lift kit and new steering assembly will fix/replace the damaged front end components.

As far as the frame damage My idea is to run some metal across horizontally to hold everything in place then have a welder repair the broken welds then add some cross bracing to strengthen everything. Any other ideas or advice would be appreciated. As you can see in the pictures, it is not in great shape.
Thehumanlynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Frame and front end damage carryall6

That cart is literally about to break in half.

That thing has to feel and sound like driving a sheet of tin roof around. That’s going to take quite a bit of work to fix so it won’t break again in the future.

They also stuck in some BS lift blocks in the front and the upper spring plate is clearly bent because of the blocks.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:37 AM   #3
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

X2 what Fairtax4me says - you might be ahead finding a better base to start from. Maybe salvage some pieces from this one?
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It definitely needs a shock tower and a new inner ball joint in the steering box for sure. Along with at least one rubber bellows (boot) on the rack. As for the cracked portion of the frame, if you wanted to install a factory Z-Lift kit, I have a brand new nose piece that would replace the broken portion of the frame. The benefit of the factory Z-lift is you'll get to keep your entire factory front end, including those front wheel brakes. The downside to it is that your front wheel brakes stick out so wide, you're gonna have a hard time finding the correct wheels for this unless you order some basic black or white steel wheels from Club Car. They make a wheel just for this application, but they're very basic. Let me know if you have any questions. 706-431-3917.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:25 PM   #5
Thehumanlynx
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response. The bushings on the entire front end are gone too.

I’m going to try to see what a local welder can do before I tackle the suspension and steering.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:34 PM   #6
Thehumanlynx
Not Yet Wild

Is it true that most of the front end parts are the same as the ds? Except for the front brakes which I don’t think are in the ds
Old 11-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehumanlynx View Post
Is it true that most of the front end parts are the same as the ds? Except for the front brakes which I don’t think are in the ds
Yes. All of the front end parts are the same as the DS except for the front wheel brake spindles.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car