lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default lift for clubcar

can i make my own lift kit for an 87 clubcar the tire size will be around 22"x11"x8"

if i can is it hard or fairly easy ?

its my first cart and want to make it higher :) and would like some info from people who made there own

like what all do i need to change shocks,ect.....
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: lift for clubcar

I can post up some pics tomorrow of several I've done and also some Ideas I was going to use on my next one.
Should be fairly easy.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

id like to see these pics also.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

This is one of the first one's I did. Just made an extension plate to remount the A-arms down and welded the stock spring plate to it.
I did the front first because it is easier to adjust the back blocks to level the cart

The back spring pads are made from a piece of 4" 2X4 sq tubing, drilled a hole in the middle the size of the axle tube then cut in half and corners angled.
The top spring plate is 1/4" and I cut the head off of two 3/4" bolts and welded to the plate so I could use the stock shocks.

Turned out pretty good and solid, I don't have pics of the steering but I cut the tab off right spindle and added a piece of 1" solid sq stock to raise the end up for the rack tierod. weld the bottom as close to the spindle pivot as you can so you don't get any twist from the stock arm.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

that's nice looking, this will help me out a lot on my lift build.....
Old 05-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I'm also working on some ideas I have since I have seen another style (store bought).
I'm in the middle of drawing it up but don't have a cart here to get dimensions from. Try to finish tonight and post.
I'll do the drawing and you could add your own.
I think it will turn out nice looking with minimal fabbing.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks good crash, I can make something like that, just need the metal to do it. How long do you think it took you to complete it fabbing of that lift?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

crash12888 my front looks lil different from yours, looks like all i need to do is get 2 pieces of square tubing and bolt it to the stock plate and it will raise the frame same goes for the back.

ill try to post some pictures of my frame i might be wrong but might work :)
Old 05-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #9
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

crash,

how does this ride? i'm guessing the same as stock just higher. did you give any thought to having the leaf spring re-arched a little for more clearance and travel? probably could only give it a little more arch, but that would give you just a little more clearance. clearance would be the only diff between your lift and a spindle lift.......well that and cash. (300.00 bucks)

good idea. looks like pretty simple fab work. less to go wrong. how did you deal with your steering issues when you dropped the suspension. more pics please. i was going to order a spindle kit......but now i'm thinking about a new shade tree to work under. what model do you have?

kevinandrew.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I cut and drilled everything at work so it was easier for me. Two pieces of 3/8 all thread and 8 nuts spaced the plates for welding.
The cart is at the lake so no pics of steering.
The ride is just like stock because I just moved everything down. The only thing I did to the steering is cut the steering rack tierod mounting tab from the spindle arm and add a piece of 1" solid square stock and welded the tab to it.
I first welded it straight up and reattatched the tab but the arm flexed so I cut it off and welded a longer piece back on the arm but right up next to the spindle, stiffened it right up,
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car